Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

As Redd Foxx said…WHAT? salad is what my food eats!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898

No, this is not an old picture, but a GREAT meal I made for us tonight using diced smokey chicken breasts off the egg. 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• 2BAMBAM4
    Options
    Isn't chicken a vegetable?   So you had a vegan meal....

Looks delicious!   
  • RRP
    Options
    2BAMBAM4 said:
    Isn't chicken a vegetable?   So you had a vegan meal....

No, Sir, chicken is an animal so it is protein and has fat. Vegetables are plants grown in the ground with a root base!  

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Looks great, Ron. Sounds like a winning flavour combo. Sweetness of the fruit with the light, smokey flavour of the chicken. 

My only gripe is that I had to search mighty hard for that chicken. Then again, there’s a lot to be said for more greens on the plate. 

• RRP
    Options
    Looks great, Ron. Sounds like a winning flavour combo. Sweetness of the fruit with the light, smokey flavour of the chicken. 

My only gripe is that I had to search mighty hard for that chicken. Then again, there’s a lot to be said for more greens on the plate. 

Thanks! I even buried 2 pieces of diced bacon in those plates to kick up the bland smokey chicken. 
    Repeating the whole meal on Friday night with a slightly different mixture of fruits!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Over the past few years I've come to really appreciate meals like this.  The folks here with their gardening and appreciation for fresh fruits and vegetables have worn off on me.

That looks like a great meal.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX