Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

glazed pork loin with cilantro and garlic

Options
danhoo
danhoo Posts: 684
edited September 2021 in Pork
I posted some pics in another thread and was asked about the recipe. I more or less follow the one linked below. I've had to adjust some of the marinade at times when I could not find apricot nectar, and have used peach nectar or mango nectar or combinations.  I find if I cut the loin in half, I can get two to fit nicely in my disposable aluminum pans.

I usually cook 1/2 a loin, yet make the full amount of glaze. If I were cooking a full loin 6-7 lbs ( loin not tenderloin) I'd probably double the glaze.  

I use a mild hardwood blend and add soaked apple chunks for smoke. I smoke at 240 to 250 grate / 275 dome until internal temp is 130F.  Once it is at 130F, I pull it and generously glaze it, and put it back on to finish.   I've finished it both direct and indirect. Direct goes a little quicker. If direct I try for about 325 dome, and if indirect I need 350 to 375 to set the glaze.

I put a generous slather of glaze on the cutting board and rest the loin on the glaze for a few mins before carving. 

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/glazed-pork-loin-with-cilantro-and-garlic-352949

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 

Comments