Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burnt Ends with Entire Brisket

Hey All,

Can someone explain to me if its a BAD idea to do burnt Ends with an entire brisket?  Reason I am thinking about doing it is I have done a few briskets enjoyed them but wanted to try something new

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    edited August 2021
    Hey All,

Can someone explain to me if its a BAD idea to do burnt Ends with an entire brisket?  Reason I am thinking about doing it is I have done a few briskets enjoyed them but wanted to try something new

You can, flat will be a bit different ,, Ive done Fauxe with chuck roast.....after your bark is set, a confit in tallow will knock it out of the park 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

• lkapigian said:

You can, flat will be a bit different ,, Ive done Fauxe with chuck roast.....after your bark is set, a confit in tallow will knock it out of the park 
    THANK YOU
  • Sounds like a plan. Please let us know how it turns out
    XL BGE ACACIA table
    Shawnee State Forest Ohio
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,594
    @EGGING_Around- Welcome aborad and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    No comment on the burnt ends question.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.