Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: today was our 55th wedding anniversary: OT

Options
2»

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Nice looking couple there!  Given the nature of this thread, shouldn't you also provide a wedding day pic?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ron.   Congratulations on 55 years.  That is simply amaizing.  No matter what anyone else thinks.  Stay strong and stay focused.  What counts is that you put your heart into it,  for someone you love.  No one will ever call that a failure.  I'm sure you have stories you two could share that would strengthen us.  If you took photos post them with pride.  We are here to support grow and learn.  We all have fubared much worse.  Again congratulations and thanks for giving me something to strive for.  Yaw still smiling...  be proud.  We are proud of you!  Thanks for sharing
    Columbus, Ohio
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    As my grandfather used to tell me on my anniversary.......Congratulations to you and my condolences to your wife. 😆

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited August 2021
    Options
    As my grandfather used to tell me on my anniversary.......Congratulations to you and my condolences to your wife. 😆
    I want to say it was at our wedding but I could be wrong but I ended up talking to a husband and wife who I want to say was coming up on there 70th wedding anniversary. The couple was from my wife's side of the family. I asked them what the secret was to their long marriage. He said, Going out to eat." I said, "Going out to eat?" He said, "Yes. She goes out to eat Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and I go out to eat Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays!" 

I won't ever forget that. I believe humor goes a long way in a relationship.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    He!! @RRP - I looked a whole lot worse than that when I only had 55 years on the planet.  Great pic!  Thanks for sharing.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Congratulations Ron. May you have many more. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    Congratulations ole buddy. What an awesome accomplishment. I wish y’all 55 more my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    THANK ALL of you for the very KIND well wishes! Here's just one more post from us about our 55th...OK?

On a separate note, I have always wondered what billions of dollars looked like. Now I know 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    SGH said:
    On a separate note, I have always wondered what billions of dollars looked like. Now I know 👍
    Billions??? LOL 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    Billions??? LOL 
    My bad brother. Definitely a typo. Glad you caught it. I think it’s understood I meant trillions  =)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    American Gothic gif  stephshaffer
    @RRP
    I’m a little late to the party.  Ron, my heartfelt good wishes and congratulations to you and your bride for such a milestone!
    Flint, Michigan
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    You both look awful young for 55years. 

Congrats!
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @RRP inspiring 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    You both look awful young for 55years. 

Congrats!
    LOL - No touch ups or anything! Just a photo taken at a J C Penny shop! Call me a BIG SPENDER, huh???  =)
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    After 55 years, she probably knows you are frugal!
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks...frugal is such a much nicer word than cheap *ss, 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thanks...frugal is such a much nicer word than cheap *ss, 
    I’m at the other end of the spectrum.  When it comes to money, Wilma accuses me of managing it like the proverbial drunken sailor.
    Flint, Michigan