Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New “with modification” travel worthy cart for XL!

Options
After searching everywhere for some sort of travel worthy cart for my XL, I decided to try and modify the Grilla Grills all-terrain cart. By the measurements they give on their website it was too big to fit. So I took the $329 chance and ordered one thinking surely I can find a way. After realizing just a small stone from Lowe’s to sit it on raised it just enough to fit snug. I had to modify the front section to accommodate the lower vent as seen in the pictures. Then I thought, “how am I going to use my FlameBoss?” So I had to cut the remaining portion out for that. I trimmed the “logo” section and bolted in to finish off the empty section below the grill to trim it out and look finished. The only thing left is to make some metal straps the secure the egg on 4 sides to keep it from moving up and down during travel. It came with some nylon straps to tie into the bands but I didn’t trust them with the weight and the issue with them becoming weak from sitting in the sun. Whatcha think?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I just use a wagon from Costco for transport, folds down to nothing. You can also use it for a yeti/rtic 65, and many other things. We travel a lot. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to adapt and overcome with the design! A+
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    From personal experience figure our our way to but brakes on them wheels.  Just to prevent it from rolling if your on a grade.  Mine was a wheel nest.  The wind got it one day and rolled it across the patio launching it into the neighbors yard.  Total destruction of heart.  Evem if it's just vice grips on the wheels
    Columbus, Ohio