Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Greek Lamb Chops

dstearndstearn Posts: 1,580
Tried a new direct method for grilled lamb chops. Got the temp to 500 dome, shut the bottom vent and opened the dome. Grilled open direct for 4 minutes per side, these were 2 bone chops so less time if single bone.
Nice char and the chops were a perfect medium rare.
Air fried Brussels Spouts on the side.

Comments

• BarBar Posts: 166
    Looks great!  I have been wanting to try this method on some thick cut bone in pork chops.
  • dmouratidmourati Posts: 1,065
    I'm Greek and I approve this message!
    Mountain View, CA
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,138
    @dstearn , how did you Greekify them? Looks spot on 
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon Fat Stacks 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • dstearndstearn Posts: 1,580
    lkapigian said:
    @dstearn , how did you Greekify them? Looks spot on 
    Hank’s, just marinated them in Olive Oil with Greek Seasoning for a few hours prior to grilling.
  • OrsiOrsi Posts: 14
    Sorry. When you say grilled open do you mean dome up?
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 24,211
    Love lamb and you nailed that cook.  Congrats.  
    @Orsi - when you shut the lower vent and open the dome you get the air flow to come in from the top (duh) and roll across the lump bed.  It gives you a broad and hot bed of coals to cook with.
    It's the way to get the fire for caveman cooks and paella as well.  
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!