Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will these mushrooms do any harm to the grass?

Options
loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765

aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Shouldn’t short term, could lead to other fungus overtime that may damage your grass.  I would reevaluate water schedules to make sure it is drying out a bit between cycles, if I water too soon in the spring or too heavy this happens to me. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I am certainly no lawn expert, but if mushrooms could kill grass I wouldn’t have a blade of grass anywhere. So I am going to say no. But again, just basing that on what I have seen. Not what I know. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Mixing mushrooms in my grass in college didn't
    wait, wat?  
    ooooh, pretty!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Shrooms are feeding on decaying matter. Probably from too much water, humidity and grass is dying. Only water in early morning hours. If you are experiencing intermittent showers that adds up to 1/2 inch or more a week, I would not water at all unless you have a 7 or 8 day period without rain and high temps. 

Brown patch will soon follow especially in fescue yards and definitely do not fertilize. It will make matters worse. Could also spray with something like Heritage and that will keep it down some but it is $$.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GaryLange
    GaryLange Posts: 418
    Options
    Mushrooms are a sign of a healthy lawn!
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Botch said:
    Mixing mushrooms in my grass in college didn't
    wait, wat?  
    ooooh, pretty!  
    He teed that one up for you real nice.