Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Special Trim

Options
llrickman
llrickman Posts: 654
edited May 2021 in EGGtoberfest
Mother in law bought a "brisket" when I got it its Beef special trim 12lb vacuum bag full of several large pieces
I have never seen this cut and not sure what to do with it.  Any suggestions?  I think she's wanting Shredded beef bbq sandwiches 

Thanks

Sorry posted in wrong area 
2 LBGE
Digi Q
green Thermapen
AR

Albuquerque, NM

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    maybe try reposting to main forum . . .
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Slow cook it until it probes tender and pull it.  Would probably use some foil or do it as a pepper stout version or something to keep it from drying out.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX