Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Celtic Wolf Scallop Recipe

Options
I came across an old post referencing a scallop recipe from Celtic Wolf.  It had orange, coconut and rum in the description but I can't seem to find the recipe on here.  Anyone have it or have better search skills than I do?  Sounds interesting.

I can do a google search and find various recipes on pintrest or other blog and cooking sites.  Figure one referenced on here by an old timer would be worth trying.

This is the post that references it in case anyone cares.  https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/281403/grilled-cod-recipes

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    This is an older recipe I copied many years ago. I don't remember origin.

Tasmanian Scallops with Champagne

A special thanks to my mate Steve from Tasmania for this recipe.
    This dish is cooked in a Wok on the side burner of your Gas BBQ or using the Weber Kettle Wok with direct heat. Once you have eaten scallops this way you will be spoilt for life. Trust me!

1 kg fresh Tasmanian scallops
    1 bottle of brut Champagne or good quality, dry, sparkling Chardonnay.
    300 ml fresh cream
    1 shallot (chopped)
    1 chicken stock cube
    Let the scallops stand in the fridge for a few hours. Drain off all moisture before cooking.
    Pour about 1/2 a bottle of the champagne in the wok and bring to the boil. Add the scallops and bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes, turn the scallops continually. The scallops should just be turning white in the middle.
    Remove and drain the scallops and set aside. Bring the champagne back to the boil and slowly add the; stock cube, cream and shallot, simmer for about 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced to half. Add the scallops again and heat through (about 1-minute).
    Serve immediately on a bed of rice. Serve the unused champagne as the accompanying drink.
    For a different taste use 1/2 clove of garlic instead of the shallot. Do not use more than 1/2 a clove of garlic as the secret of this dish is in the taste of the champagne and scallop with the infusion of the cream.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    this sounds like it, its an old woosday post started by celtic wolf. scroll down to stikes post.  i dont think celtic wolf was known for a dish like this

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 253
    Options
    It was the woosday post is saw of Stike.  I was hoping there was a more concise post somewhere else but will have to improvise some based on that description.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    It was the woosday post is saw of Stike.  I was hoping there was a more concise post somewhere else but will have to improvise some based on that description.

my guess is the description is stikes origional recipe. celtic wolf was a bbg caterer and doubt he ever got that fancy with cooking. woosday was a new post started every tuesday, just post your best pic from the week, didnt have to be food, no rules. anyone could start it
    fukahwee maine

• PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    I talked to stike a half hour ago. He said

“There is no recipe. The description in the post explains it all.  Just wing it. I don’t measure stuff”

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

“There is no recipe. The description in the post explains it all.  Just wing it. I don’t measure stuff”

I doubt you really talked to him.  Guy is a misanthropic shut-in.
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

I doubt you really talked to him.  Guy is a misanthropic shut-in.

he has been stalking stike for years, one of the reasons stike doesnt post here anymore
    fukahwee maine

• PigBeanUs
    Options
    stike isn't a misanthropic shut-in, he just dislikes people, and tends to stay locked in at home all the time.
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    lol
    Options
    yep, locked in a home. its nice that they still let him carve pumpkins

fukahwee maine

• BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 253
    Options
    Love all the comment!  Not helpful but funny 😃
  • fishlessman
    Options

it looks to be an easy cook, just concentrate on the scallops. DONT OVER COOK THEM, lean towards undercooked is better and they will come up to proper temp while resting waiting for the sauce
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options

it looks to be an easy cook, just concentrate on the scallops. DONT OVER COOK THEM, lean towards undercooked is better and they will come up to proper temp while resting waiting for the sauce
    Right.  Key is get the pan hot and don't overload it so you cool off the pan....keep it hot, do small batches, no more than a couple minutes a side.