Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shake - Pat - Sprinkle - RUBS

Options
I am getting ready to bring the large back to cooking action.
What is your favorite rub for - 

Chicken  -  Beef  -  Pork  -  Fish  -  Lamb

Thank you 
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,354
    edited April 2021
    Options
    So. Many. Choices. 
    Current favorites include. 
    DP Wonderbird for chicken 
    Gunpowder for beef
    Secret Weapon on pork

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Unless Im going for a certain cook just everyday cooks use this.  Easy way to get S&P

Pin on spices good

I bought this at Costco and use it here and there.  Used it last night on some small golden potatoes I was cooking on the egg.  Ive used it on steak also not so sure yet.
    Buttery Steakhouse Rub  Kinders BBQ
    I do like this one on my steaks, gives it that peppered crust taste
    Adams Reserve Sear-N-Crust Prime Rib  Steak Rub - Shop Spice Mixes at H-E-B
    Totally forgot I had this when I made Filets last night
    Hardcore Carnivore Black beef seasoning shaker - 13 oz  Hardcore Carnivore
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,781
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Salt Pepper Garlic in various ratios MSG Sugar Paprika,mustard powder as desired  Herbs De Province added for roasts ....inthe end I like making my own 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    I’m in the Dizzy Pig camp. Raising the steaks for beef, raging river for fish, dizzy dust and spicy dd for pork. Mole for chicken
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Love me some dizzy pig rubs but my favs from them would probably be wonder bird and molé  for chicken, raising the steaks for burgers and general beef seasoning. 

Lanes bbq ancho coffee rub is really good with steaks. Their brisket rub is really tasty in my opinion as wellZ

I really enjoy the Kosmos wing dust flavors specifically the Buffalo hot, the garlic parm, and the salt and vinegar ones.  The garlic parm and salt vinegar ones are used frequently for side dishes.

*Recently purchased msg, and have been playing around with adding that to elevate dishes.

Brandon - Ohio

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    Plough Boy’s Yard Bird 
    Meat Church Deez Nuts and Holy Cow
    Gibson’s Steak Seasoning
    Killer Hogs Hot Rub
    Spiceology SPG
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,320
    Options
    Texas Tandoori is one of my more recent favorites for chicken. I like to mix up a wet rub for pork, if you search the site for Florida Wet Rub you should find it. I’m not big on beef but I once did a Tritip with Mickey’s Coffee Rub the recipe for which is also on this site. I also like doing jerked chicken with Walkerwoods Jerk Paste.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited April 2021
    Options
    SPOG for most things. Walkerswood or homemade Jerk seasoning if I'm feeling spicy.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut