Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charcoal Baggers, why don't you do this?

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
edited March 2021 in EggHead Forum
My bags of feed have the same stitching as Charcoal bags, but it also has a nifty removal feature.  No fiddling, no knife, scissors, etc.  Easy peasy.

Just pull on the tab where it says pull and off comes the string.  Every time.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• BikerBob
    BikerBob Posts: 284
    Options
    The charcoal bags don't have a tag so you have to figure out which string to pull;
    Cooking on the coast
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Charcoal users may be smarter than feed users...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:
    Would be an interesting Venn diagram.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    caliking said:
    Off topic here but I just noticed your signature line.  Don't you have like 13 cooking devices?  Is this just the signature line your wife sees?  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    caliking said:
    Off topic here but I just noticed your signature line.  Don't you have like 13 cooking devices?  Is this just the signature line your wife sees?  
    It all depends on what one means when they say "cooking" and "device".

It is a funny point though, because one time my wife asked how many grills I had.  I miscounted by 2.  I sold 2 grills so my count would correct 🤣

Well, I didn't sell so much as I traded one for a pack of New York strips and gave the other to a friend.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    caliking said:
    Dude, don't blow his cover!!!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Because reasons, lol. I take it as a regular intelligence/perseverance test. Plus - we all know that feeling of total satisfaction when you get the “perfect pull.”
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited March 2021
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    caliking said:
    That's probably  just the Webers. Over the years, I have carefully positioned various cookers around our property. She'll have have a stroke if she sees them all in one spot. 

And... you haven't seen my garage...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Because those are pinch bottom bags.....not square-bottom.  So the baggers hang them upside down to fill, then the sewing machine stitches what will be the the bottom.  Those bags are designed to ship and sell flat because of the contents--charcoal is usually designed to stand up as well with the flat bottoms.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Plus - we all know that feeling of total satisfaction when you get the “perfect pull.”
    Not all of us.  :cry:  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Because those are pinch bottom bags.....not square-bottom.  So the baggers hang them upside down to fill, then the sewing machine stitches what will be the the bottom.  Those bags are designed to ship and sell flat because of the contents--charcoal is usually designed to stand up as well with the flat bottoms.  
    Thank you, now I can stop wondering every time I easily and quickly open a feed bag and fight with a charcoal bag.  These feed bags are shipped and stored flat to be sure.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I always have a box cutter where I need it, but usually get it after resorting to tearing and ripping with no results.  Same with dog food.  Just need to keep the razor blade close.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Plus - we all know that feeling of total satisfaction when you get the “perfect pull.”
    Try using the other hand.  I think I read that tip in a Hustler.
    Options
    Thank you, now I can stop wondering every time I easily and quickly open a feed bag and fight with a charcoal bag.  These feed bags are shipped and stored flat to be sure.

Yeah that bag was filled from the bottom then sewn shut with a single string lock stitch.  So the top side of the bag was sewn at the paper bag factory where they were able to put that fancy pull tab in there. 

RyanStl said:
    I always have a box cutter where I need it, but usually get it after resorting to tearing and ripping with no results.  Same with dog food.  Just need to keep the razor blade close.
    And that's why we also sell knives in our store.  Hahahaha.  Kershaw, Zero Tolerance, and Heretic.  Just got in some new Heretic Hydras.....very nice single action push button automatics.  The Manticore E is my everyday carry though.

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Botch said:
    SciAggie said:
    Try using the other hand.  I think I read that tip in a Hustler.
    That's for strange bags