Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef ribs something different

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
Tried something different.  Beef ribs, seasoned for two days, used orange juice in the drip pan.  Used pineapple juice in the foil.  Kinda of a spicey and citrus.  Came out much better than I expected.  Lump burned all the way out at the end.  

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Looks delish.  And I like that round rib rack, very unique.

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    @jdMyers, those look like beef back ribs? I get em in double packs here in Louisiana occasionally. I like em, though not as much as plate ribs
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Beef ribs (any cut) beat their pork cousins any time.  Congrats on the cook and results.  Great finish!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Those look eggcelent. Surprised the ribs were able to pick up citrus flavour. 
  • jdMyers
    Options
    It really suprised me too.  Makes me want to experiment more with the pineapple juice
    Columbus, Ohio
  • DainW
    DainW Posts: 159
    Options
    Really nice looking cook man
  • jdMyers
    Options
    Thanks.  Its my stress relief 
    Columbus, Ohio
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Options
    Nice looking cook, for sure.  Just curious on your time and temperature.
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    Options
    those look killer!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    dayum fine looking wibbies!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • jdMyers
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Thanks guys.  Ref the cook.  240 - 260, big green egg lump.  For some reason as it burns it heats up.  Hate the struggle.  Smeared with general yellow mustard, Seasoned and siran wrapped for two days.   Used the eggerator with foil.  And a rib ring with a drip pan.  Orange juice during the cook.  3 hours upright until color achieved. Seasoned a 2nd time and foiled with pineapple juice for, 1:45 - 2:00 hours.  Then removed drip pans, and foil. sauced, and finished for approx an hour till coals died out.  Hope it helps.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    Thanks guys.  Ref the cook.  240 - 260, big green egg lump.  For some reason as it burns it heats up.  Hate the struggle.  Smeared with general yellow mustard, Seasoned and siran wrapped for two days.   Used the eggerator with foil.  And a rib ring with a drip pan.  Orange juice during the cook.  3 hours upright until color achieved. Seasoned a 2nd time and foiled with pineapple juice for, 1:45 - 2:00 hours.  Then removed drip pans, and foil. sauced, and finished for approx an hour till coals died out.  Hope it helps.  
    Have you checked for cracks?   Somehow it's getting more air.  I started my egg tonight to do a batch of BSCB for weekday meals.  I forgot that I got it goin . 2 hours later I was leaving to run errands and there she was in the driveway purring along at 275. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI