Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday night filet roast

Found a deal on filet at the store 3 weeks ago so I grabbed it and let it sit in the back of the fridge until this morning. So dinner was a cab, salad, filet, bread, potatos, snap peas and a side of homemade chimichurri because filet is so bland to me. 

Just as I was going to start eating, I looked at the platter. It looked so pretty I needed another picture.  (Note in the background the chicken thighs which were waiting to go on, and 3 jars of peach preserves for 3 pork butts to be cooked later in the week. )  

Not a bad meal at all. 
--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax
--------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Sea2Ski said:
    Found a deal on filet at the store 3 weeks ago so I grabbed it and let it sit in the back of the fridge until this morning. So dinner was a cab, salad, filet, bread, potatos, snap peas and a side of homemade chimichurri because filet is so bland to me. 

Just as I was going to start eating, I looked at the platter. It looked so pretty I needed another picture.  (Note in the background the chicken thighs which were waiting to go on, and 3 jars of peach preserves for 3 pork butts to be cooked later in the week. )  

Not a bad meal at all. 
    Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tomtnc
    tomtnc Posts: 24
    Absolutely a GREAT wine selection  to go with a great meal!!!  One of my fav cabs.  Congrats. 
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Great spread!! Very Nice!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    outstanding!
    How did I miss this til now.  Dang-way to nail it across the board.  Impressive! Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Beautifully done. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Do not know what else a chef or doctor could want out of a meal,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Great meal and a great wine. Chateau Montelena is a beautiful place to visit. Even if you do have to fight off the tourists!
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Wonderful cook. And,  I love that last pic. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Great looking meal.  Hats off.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • DonWW
    DonWW Posts: 424
    Very nicely done.  And, love the Montelena.  Glad you decanted it!
    XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    A great cook, from one of the best the forum has to offer. Great score on the vino my friend. You need to cook that meal when Robin and I visit. The wine too.

Great post as always, thank you for sharing.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky