Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When the going gets tough...

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    edited March 13
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - she left out MTG, James Comer and Matt Gaetz however her broader message is right on target.  (BTW- I did catch that interview last night in a DVR fashion.). Gotta keep the pressure on although the CHEETO acolytes are not gonna change.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Just saw that.  Definitely the right thing to do given her past and her performance on MTP Sunday.  (Never the $300K NBC was paying her-likely a sweet buyout but that's a rounding error for them).  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    Options

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    its obvious that ronna didnt fully agree with the msnbc bubble people =) other than comic relief im not sure what msnbc contributes...........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Some campaign comments:
    "President Joe Biden’s campaign on Monday released an unusually blunt statement tearing into Donald Trump as “feeble, confused, and tired” after an appearance marked by verbal stumbles as well as a bizarre social media post in which he likened himself to Christ.

“He spent the weekend golfing, the morning comparing himself to Jesus, and the afternoon lying about having money he definitely doesn’t have,” the statement said.

Trump on Monday faced two court decisions.

In one, a judge reduced the $464 million bond in his fraud case to $175 million and gave him 10 days to come up with the money. In another, a judge ruled that Trump’s criminal trial in the Stormy Daniels hush money case will start on April 15.

That led to a rambling appearance by Trump, which included several gaffes, including an odd moment when the former president insisted that “you can’t have an election in the middle of a political season.”

The former president added: “We just had Super Tuesday, and we had a Tuesday after Tuesday already.”

Trump also vowed to “bring crime back to law and order.”

Biden’s campaign torched the former president as “weak and desperate ― both as a man and a candidate for president” and mocked his fundraising struggles and lack of recent appearances.

“His campaign can’t raise money, he is uninterested in campaigning outside his country club, and every time he opens his mouth, he pushes moderate and suburban voters away with his dangerous agenda,” the campaign said in a statement. “America deserves better than a feeble, confused, and tired Donald Trump.”"

CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Campaign opinion article:

Trump’s crumbling empire gives Biden a golden opportunity  

BY MAX BURNS, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 03/27/24 10:00 AM ET

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4559163-trumps-crumbling-empire-gives-biden-a-golden-opportunity/?email=
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    its obvious that ronna didnt fully agree with the msnbc bubble people =) other than comic relief im not sure what msnbc contributes...........
    What do any of the cable news channels contribute?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    I'll go there-if the challenge is "what" then "what" is the issue being addressed??  You can find both ends of the political spectrum on any issue and should give those segments a look.  After that 20-30 second level decide "what" next in the furtherance of insight.  
    All prior just a fantasy these days but there are some great contrasts/spin out there.  Too bad we are so divided.  Off mini soap box.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'll go there-if the challenge is "what" then "what" is the issue being addressed??  You can find both ends of the political spectrum on any issue and should give those segments a look.  After that 20-30 second level decide "what" next in the furtherance of insight.  
    All prior just a fantasy these days but there are some great contrasts/spin out there.  Too bad we are so divided.  Off mini soap box.  

what i can say about msnbc, i watched it for the last year of the trump hillary run right up to the maddow meltdown, it was fairly neutral but leaning  left. after that it became a ridiculously left turning, right hating comic routine. if you were not watching maddow during that election night you missed out big time =) i still watch fox and cnn for an hour or two, but after 7 when the heavy left and right hitters show up i change the channel or go to bed
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

i dont think i know a single soul that watches the msnbc bubble people.....their bubble world is so strong they have no followers. no followers, zero contributions.......they could actually up their content by stealing the view from abc =)

as for what does the cable news contribute........i think the only answer is contrasting personalities
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

i dont think i know a single soul that watches the msnbc bubble people.....their bubble world is so strong they have no followers. no followers, zero contributions.......they could actually up their content by stealing the view from abc =)

as for what does the cable news contribute........i think the only answer is contrasting personalities
    This Ronna firing really isn't about MSNBC as a network.  Were she some run-of-the-mill conservative, you might have a point.  But she's not.  She was a MAGA-toady for Trump, and even played a role in the fake electors scheme.  
  • fishlessman
    Options

This Ronna firing really isn't about MSNBC as a network.  Were she some run-of-the-mill conservative, you might have a point.  But she's not.  She was a MAGA-toady for Trump, and even played a role in the fake electors scheme.  

which may have been why she was..... hired by the big brass, msnbc is like a zoo.
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

which may have been why she was..... hired by the big brass, msnbc is like a zoo.
    The person who made the decision to hire her in the first place should probably lose their job as well.  It seems clear this was something of an own-goal on the part of the corporate execs.  At least they realized her position was untenable and corrected it.  
  • fishlessman
    Options

The person who made the decision to hire her in the first place should probably lose their job as well.  It seems clear this was something of an own-goal on the part of the corporate execs.  At least they realized her position was untenable and corrected it.  

well atleast the lawsuits will be fun to watch, bet msnbc doesnt cover it. lots of things said on camera =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    edited March 28
    Options

well atleast the lawsuits will be fun to watch, bet msnbc doesnt cover it. lots of things said on camera =)
    Uh huh.  How would you know when you don't watch the channel?  

In any case, I don't think anything was said that wasn't factual.  
  • fishlessman
    Options
    If cable news was a tictactoe competition, MSNBC would be in last place😆 wait...they are in last place out of the big three
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    If I may digress, not sure why I kind of miss the whisperer  =)
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Options
    If I may digress, not sure why I kind of miss the whisperer                                              not sure where he went....I'll keep rambling😁
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

he is still around and sour and salty as usual =)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    Options
    Perhaps they and the stump baby are collaborating on some new material for a new act they'll bring around in a few more weeks.

Fingers crossed! :)

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Perhaps they and the stump baby are collaborating on some new material for a new act they'll bring around in a few more weeks.

Man I had somehow forgotten about Stump.  Haven't seen him around in a while.  
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    I miss wildman too!
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Man I had somehow forgotten about Stump.  Haven't seen him around in a while.  

stump posted yesterday in the easter dinner thread. good to see him post, means he is having a better day so thats good
    fukahwee maine