Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

-Today (2/2) is Ground Hog Day-

2»

Comments

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Botch said:
    Ground hog:

LOL ... that is true news.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • @frazzdaddy some people struggle with technical jargon.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2021
    @frazzdaddy some people struggle with technical jargon.
    On another note, a very sad one for my financial situation. Pittsboro has a brand new (this week) John Deere dealership where the Ford store was in town. Didn't you have friends that worked at that Ford store?
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    a wuhan bat sees its shadow....
    Wuhan Bans Eating Bats And Other Wild Animals

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    a wuhan bat sees its shadow....
    Wuhan Bans Eating Bats And Other Wild Animals

Six more months of he11 !! Strap on your seat belt.  It's gonna be one he11 of a ride!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @frazzdaddy I knew the guy who started pittsboro power equipment, he was a throw back from Right of Way on Hillsborough St.
      I won't be any help with you on the Deere dealer, the 5000 series are priced pretty competitively if you are in the market for 40-100hp range that said almost all small tractors are now made overseas, it doesn't matter what brand. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    @frazzdaddy I knew the guy who started pittsboro power equipment, he was a throw back from Right of Way on Hillsborough St.
      I won't be any help with you on the Deere dealer, the 5000 series are priced pretty competitively if you are in the market for 40-100hp range that said almost all small tractors are now made overseas, it doesn't matter what brand. 
    Pittsboro Power, Jason ?
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Yep. And the grumpy college educated mechanic David, if he still works there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Most know me around there as the Alaskan.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    Yep. And the grumpy college educated mechanic David, if he still works there.
    He does. Jason is salt of the earth. I get all my Hustler and Echo stuff from him.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • He was on his way out when I started shopping right of way, but he cut me a deal on a pump and wheel motor one time that was worth the drive.  David is my buddy Johns father in law, that guy is a hoot.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    small world
    edited February 2021
    Mr. Assassin and I have stomped the same grounds.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    almost all small tractors are now made overseas, it doesn't matter what brand.  
    Unfortunately that is true my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mr. Assassin and I have stomped the same grounds.

And we both have friends in high places.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH said:
    almost all small tractors are now made overseas, it doesn't matter what brand.  
    Unfortunately that is true my friend. 
    The bigger ones are American made. 7 & 8R made in Waterloo, 6R is made in Mannheim, Germany, US versions may be assembled here.  5000 series I believe are Mexico, however engineering I think is done in Augusta, Georgia, where the turf division is located.  
  • PigBeanUs said:
    Kayak said:
    My italian grandfather used to eat them occasionally. Very fatty, and very smelly to clean. Guess who got to clean them when he wanted one. Not bad roasted, but never again.
    Used to hang with a kid that trapped, like, fur trapping. 

Beavers smelled HORRIBLE. I think they had a lot of fat or something that kept their fur dry. Like sheep have lanolin, beavers have some musky gland stuff that makes their fur like a waterproof fur coat. 

anyway, beaver can sometimes smell bad. And tastes like pennies. 

I eat beaver every chance I get.  The good ones will taste like tuna.  Pro tip, stay away from the ones that smell bad.
  • SGH
    To the top^^^^

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,943
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SGH
    I can't believe people still believe this ground hog thing. I mean, do we really get pissed off with a rodent when we think he's saying (in a bad year) 12 more weeks of winter?? We've lost our minds.
    The ole groundhog might of been on the money this year. From Texas to Alabama has had more cold days this year than we normally have in a decade. Just sayin.......... 

Status- Standing by.