Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Donny had a little lamb.....

Options
My wife came home with a boneless lamb roast for New Year's.  Which is awesome because she doesn't like lamb.  A new year's gift.  The fishnet was removed, upon which time the roast just falls apart.  Which is terrific because it allows the rub to be applied into all of those internal crevices.  I made a homemade rub using fresh rosemary and thyme from her garden.  And, as good as possible, I tied her back up.

Medium egg was set for 230 using pecan wood.  Cook lasted three hours, during which time I basted it a few times with a baste made with the same rub along with red wine vinegar and oil.  Pulled at 135 internal. 

I let it sit for about 15 minutes tented and then dug in.  I typically do not show whole meal photos, but the lamb, mushroom risotto and arugula salad were all perfect together. 

Happy New Year, all!!

XL and Medium.  Dallas, Texas.

Comments