Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Wagyu flat iron steak

30th anniversary of our first date - 28th anniversary of our engagement.  The dear wife has a very demanding job and in this Covid environment it's been far more demanding than usual.  We both wanted/needed a break.  Plan A: get out of town for a night or two - stay in nice hotel, have some nice meals.  Both are too busy.  Plan B: stay home and get out to a nearby very good restaurant. Snow storm cancelled that.  Plan C: yesterday, I pulled an SRF WAGYU Flat Iron steak from the freezer (part of a holiday package received last week).  I also slipped out of the house last night and picked up a Stag's Leap Artemis, a Maker's Mark 46, and a bouquet of flowers.

Getting to the point - thawed the steak.  It was perfectly trimmed and had a great fresh beef smell.  Given that there are just the two of us, I cut the 1.9# steak in half - with the thicker half for tonight.  Suckle Busters 1836 w some additional course ground black pepper.  Egg was 500-600, grate lowered right down on the coals. 30-35 seconds per flip - 2 exposures on each side.

Wife loved it.  I think I treated this great piece of beef with proper respect.  Very tender and flavorful.

Cheers, y'all!

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments