Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seared White Tuna with Jalapeño Lime Ginger Soy Vinaigrette

Options

Seared 60s per side on a pizza steel at about 500F.
Mountain View, CA

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That is outstanding! Years ago, I saw a Tyler Florence segment where he made what appears to be the same dish. Simple, quick, delicious! Is this what you did?
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe-1914316

My mom hated tuna, but I suspect all she had ever had was Chicken of the Sea and the like. I made this dish for her and she raved about it for years.

It's been too long since I made it. Thanks for the reminder.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,377
    Options
    That's  feeding my eyes and they love it.. very nice

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    damnit boy that sounded good so I clicked... and yowza looks even better bookmarked

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Dang that looks good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,270
    Options
    That is outstanding! Years ago, I saw a Tyler Florence segment where he made what appears to be the same dish. Simple, quick, delicious! Is this what you did?
    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe-1914316

My mom hated tuna, but I suspect all she had ever had was Chicken of the Sea and the like. I made this dish for her and she raved about it for years.

It's been too long since I made it. Thanks for the reminder.
    Yep. That's the recipe I used. I had the tuna from a meat/seafood delivery service called Rastelli's.  That's 6 filets/steaks up there. I ate 4.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I've served it over rice with a side of asparagus too. No avocado. Delicious.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That looks and sounds delicious!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,270
    Options
    We went hiking yesterday and didn't get home till 4:30. Managed to watch Mandalorian with my son, get Egg going, make the vinaigrette, make rice, cook the fish, eat, clean up, read stories, and get my son to bed by 7pm.
    Mountain View, CA