Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's your favorite Thanksgiving food item?

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

I don’t know why, but I’m relieved that most everyone here likes gravy. I used to have a teammate that said “there’d be fewer people in prison if all they had to eat was turkey without gravy and salad with no dressing.”
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 369
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Well, I suppose it would be the gravy and stuffing. Because who makes cheeseburgers for Thanksgiving? - and that's actually my favorite. That plus garlic bread.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Pecan pie

Apple pie

And I actually really like the turkey - especially the white meat  - now that I know not to overcook it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    My Mother's stuffing. Grew up on it as a kid. Even though she did leave a recipe, I have never been able to recreate it exactly. Just like her homemade bread and Boston Baked Beans.

I do a pretty good copy, but I have also done sausage, cornbread, and oyster stuffings over the years, but Mom's is my go to. But lately we haven't cooked turkeys at all. Usually lamb, prime rib, or tri-tips.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    Yno said:
    My Mother's stuffing. Grew up on it as a kid. Even though she did leave a recipe, I have never been able to recreate it exactly. Just like her homemade bread and Boston Baked Beans.

I do a pretty good copy, but I have also done sausage, cornbread, and oyster stuffings over the years, but Mom's is my go to. But lately we haven't cooked turkeys at all. Usually lamb, prime rib, or tri-tips.
    Leaving a dressing recipe is like leaving someone a paint set and telling them it's for painting the Mona Lisa. It really can't be done in the case of the dressing or the painting, there's so many things that can't be described in writing that affect the outcome.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    GregW said:
    Leaving a dressing recipe is like leaving someone a paint set and telling them it's for painting the Mona Lisa.
    That’s a great way to put it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon