Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BP - what is the weirdest thing you have cooked

Options
13»

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I am assuming Old English is also a drink, and not the furniture polish I am familiar with.
    Probably closer in taste than you might think.
    Stillwater, MN
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    (*burp*)
    Options
    Actually I don't touch the stuff anymore. 
    Once when cleaning fish, kept the eggs out of several sunfish and fried them up.  Another time a couple years ago was drinking beer and cooking on my egg, when I saw pigeons flying in and out of the barn. Went into the house, grabbed a shotgun,  and shot one of those pigeons. I did a quick clean job and threw it on with my pork butt. Made a great appetizer for me, everyone else was grossed out. The breast meat was red. Never would have know they were red meat.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    I am assuming Old English is also a drink, and not the furniture polish I am familiar with.
    Probably closer in taste than you might think.

It’s terrible but super cheap. We used to throw caps in the dorms and would sometimes duct tape a 40 of OE to our non throwing hand to drink while playing, loser had to pound the rest when the game was over.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    It’s terrible but super cheap. We used to throw caps in the dorms and would sometimes duct tape a 40 of OE to our non throwing hand to drink while playing, loser had to pound the rest when the game was over.
    Yes, we consumed the 40s when I was in college. I remember it being tolerable if ice cold, but once it started to warm up you practically needed to chew it. This encouraged a brisk consumption pace and you can probably figure out how things turned out from there.
    Stillwater, MN
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    (*burp*)
    We’re studying it very strongly. ...and putting the light inside the body. 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Yes, we consumed the 40s when I was in college. I remember it being tolerable if ice cold, but once it started to warm up you practically needed to chew it. This encouraged a brisk consumption pace and you can probably figure out how things turned out from there.
    Haha, indeed I do know how things turn out after a few of those. We used to have “OE Wednesdays” where we would go to a local liquor store that would take a fake ID hand written on a post it note and buy a case of them. The owner would kick us a deal so they were like $1.50 each. 

I only remember that part and the hangover the next day, nothing in between.