Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Masters

Options
Morning of day one.  Wife and daughter out of town until Sunday afternoon.  This calls for reconfiguring my home workspace.  I'm ready when they are...  DJ?  Koepka?  Thomas?  1st timer?  Old boy?  Should be fun!

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The last Masters was the same weekend as the last Butt Blast.  Seems like a lifetime ago.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    And then along comes the rain...Enjoy the independent life style this weekend.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Ditto

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    A tradition unlike any other
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Botch said:
    Did you guys see this practice shot from yesterday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni6E7L7XeKA&feature=emb_logo
    Sure did - crazy
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    In a 4 man bet. $50 entry, winner take all. We do it for all the majors. Pick 4 golfers. Highest cumulative purse wins. My boys better make the cut! 
  • JohnEggGio
    edited November 2020
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    In a 4 man bet. $50 entry, winner take all. We do it for all the majors. Pick 4 golfers. Highest cumulative purse wins. My boys better make the cut! 
    Had been doing similar for years - pick 5, aggregate top 3, but sadly my crew fell apart.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited November 2020
    Options
    They should change the name......its very offensive.

Edit: not really. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    DeChambeau couldn't even beat Larry Mize despite playing a par 67. 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    Favorite golf tournament of all time for me. Nothing like a Sunday at the Masters!!
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I’ve got JT as my winner but there are a few others I wouldn’t mind seeing.   

Due to this Covid scheduling, my club has us playing a Match play tourney this weekend so I won’t see any, or limited, Masters Saturday (we play 27 holes) and might see the end on Sunday (play another 18).  

Fortunately our place has 12 TVs at the tournament scoring pavilion so what can be seen will.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    He called it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    De Shammy has kinda lost his way a tad!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Rham is looking good- see if he can keep his temper in check for another couple days. 

Dustin looking solid too-

setting up for a fun weekend. 

Can’t help but humbly? mention- first Masters since I played there last year. Fun to relive the experience. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Jack Nicklaus won his 6th Masters in 1986, 23 years after his first. He was ranked 33rd in the world going into that week. If Tiger wins this week, it will be his 6th Masters, 23 years after his first. He is ranked 33rd in the world going into this week.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Rham is looking good- see if he can keep his temper in check for another couple days. 

Dustin looking solid too-

setting up for a fun weekend. 

Can’t help but humbly? mention- first Masters since I played there last year. Fun to relive the experience. 
    DJ definitely left a few shots out there, but I do like how he's hitting the ball and he could make me some money as well.

Congrats on playing Augusta. I always enjoy watching courses on TV that I've played like you mention -- and often a reminder of how ridiculously good these guys are. Also, feel free to elaborate on your favorite holes or memories from the day.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    I'm liking DJ - he had a quiet day (-2), swinging well. @wolfpack, I too want to hear mor about playing there.  Were you a guest of Condi Rice?  I find myself marveling at the size of some of the greens.  Mostly, I play local public courses with tiny greens.  Looked like DJ had a putt yesterday of about 120'!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Golf fantasy land - beyond my imagination.  A while back I read that so much $ comes in from tv that there is $0 cost of membership - you just have to be special enough.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That is awesome, @Wolfpack!
    Stillwater, MN
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    How cool is it to wake up to live masters golf.Somehow that little bit of introduction music makes it feel like everything is going to be ok!! Love it!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Golf fantasy land - beyond my imagination.  A while back I read that so much $ comes in from tv that there is $0 cost of membership - you just have to be special enough.
    The cost is not $0 but it is not what you would think it is, at least that is what I was told by a member. He also said there are many clubs in the US that cost a lot more to be a member. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnEggGio
    Options
    The cost is not $0 but it is not what you would think it is, at least that is what I was told by a member. He also said there are many clubs in the US that cost a lot more to be a member. 
    I defer to your knowledge.  Should be a fun day!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • TN_Egger
    Options
    Just another stat:  After round 2, Jack was T17.  Tiger is T17 today.

Signal Mountain, TN
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Just another stat:  After round 2, Jack was T17.  Tiger is T17 today.

Same # of shots behind.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • TN_Egger
    Options
    Much as I'd like to see it, there are just too many quality golfers ahead of him.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Much as I'd like to see it, there are just too many quality golfers ahead of him.
    Yep, still wide open at this point.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    All DJ - never any real trouble.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Had the potential to get interesting early, but never really anxious moments. This is such a great event no matter what, but it was one of the most uneventful final rounds in recent memory. Hard to believe DJ won't win another at Augusta.
    Stillwater, MN