Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doing a 13* prime brisket how long

Options
Doing a 13 pound prime brisket at 300 till wrap the 350 till done.  How long should I plan on.  My thoughts were about10 hours but others have ore experience
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,423
    Options
    You trimming any fat? It’s been my experience that primes cook a little faster. I’d bank on 45 minutes a pound but @lousubcap would say, the cow drives the cook. Finish temp means nothing if it doesn’t probe like buttah
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Unless you have a typo, running at 300*F should finish well inside your estimate.  I assume you are talking post-trim weight.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Definitely a higher temp brisket cook.
    If you have a nice prime, like @lousubcap said, should finish quicker than 10 hours as the higher temp will push it through the stall much faster.
    But it will hold in a cooler for several hours, no problem.
    Wrapping  and finishing at 350 is really going to speed up the end of the cook.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    If you have a nice prime, like @lousubcap said, should finish quicker than 10 hours as the higher temp will push it through the stall much faster.
    It will also kick your carryover cooking into gear, so if  you are finishing at 350, don't miss that moment of doneness.
    NOLA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Photo Egg said:
    It will also kick your carryover cooking into gear, so if  you are finishing at 350, don't miss that moment of doneness.
    Another good point.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    finished in 8 hours.  Was the best one yet
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,516
    Options
    so you think the high temp cook is a better bet?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Was for this brisket      Wife and company said best I have done.