Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Are you ready for some baseball - OT

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I only saw a bit of the SF/LA game, they had the cardboard cutouts of people in the lower seats and mentioned you could pay to have one of yourself.  I’m sure many teams are doing this - I’m hoping to see Marlins Man in many stadiums, I love that guy showing up everywhere.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Masks are important for the proletariat
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    George F. Will knows his stuff when it comes to baseball, as evidenced by his informed and eloquent writings on the subject.  This is a baseball thread, so no need for commentary about his writings on other subjects.
    He has a "2020 Opening Day Quiz" for those interested.  I got 16/38 with several lucky guesses.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @dbCooper- Thanks for that link.  Good fun I managed 21/38 but with a few guesses as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RockyTopDW
    RockyTopDW Posts: 338
    Options
    I’m watching the Braves at 4:00!  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Blue Jays got buffaloed by our Fed.
    canuckland
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    My Rays are opening tonight vs Toronto. They had a inter squad scrimmage on our regional fox sports network the other night. No fans. Looked like a typical weeknight game for them.

Glad it’s back! 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Blue Jays got buffaloed by our Fed.
    It’s tough when only like 6 countries in the world accept US passports.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lentsboy007
    lentsboy007 Posts: 416
    Options
    I’m not down for any game where the millionaire players and owners disrespect our flag and country by kneeling during the national anthem. This now includes baseball unfortunately. Go ahead and flag me, I’m not wasting my time arguing back . 🖖🏽

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    I’m not down for any game where the millionaire players and owners disrespect our flag and country by kneeling during the national anthem. This now includes baseball unfortunately. Go ahead and flag me, I’m not wasting my time arguing back . 🖖🏽
    As I understand it, they kneeled *before* the anthem played last night during the Nationals-Yankees game.  Have players at other games been kneeling *during* the anthem?

In any case, you may want to ask yourself why you’re so upset at even the thought of the flag being disrespected.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lentsboy007
    edited July 2020
    Options
    As I understand it, they kneeled *before* the anthem played last night during the Nationals-Yankees game.  Have players at other games been kneeling *during* the anthem?

In any case, you may want to ask yourself why you’re so upset at even the thought of the flag being disrespected.  
    if that is true than I stand corrected on baseball.  I didn’t watch the game, saw the pics . 

Why would I be upset about the flag being disrespected ? Really ? Idk, maybe the thousands of US soldiers who have died for that flag and this country.  This country is not “systemically racist” to use the Dems new favorite phrase . If u want to hate cops fine, but the flag and this great country that made those athletes millionaires for playing a stupid game has nothing to do with it.  

Dude do u live on this forum? You’re always the first to respond to crap and I see u more than anyone .  Haha get a life. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

if that is true than I stand corrected on baseball.  I didn’t watch the game, saw the pics . 

Why would I be upset about the flag being disrespected ? Really ? Idk, maybe the thousands of US soldiers who have died for that flag and this country.  This country is not “systematically racist” to use the Dems new favorite phrase . If u want to hate cops fine, but the flag and this great country that made those athletes millionaires for playing a stupid game has nothing to do with it.  

Since when did kneeling become a sign of disrespect, well, for anything?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options

Why would I be upset about the flag being disrespected ? Really ? Idk, maybe the thousands of US soldiers who have died for that flag and this country.  This country is not “systematically racist” to use the Dems new favorite phrase . If u want to hate cops fine, but the flag and this great country that made those athletes millionaires for playing a stupid game has nothing to do with it.  

Wait...you said you weren't going to argue back.
    Ohh...and the correct term is "systemically" not "systematically".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lentsboy007
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Wait...you said you weren't going to argue back.
    Ohh...and the correct term is "systemically" not "systematically".
    iPhone spell check got me again . I fixed it , thanks bro ! 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options

Was that a strike or a foul? I assume Fauci got a balk for that and was awarded a free base.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    He!! of a finish to "opening day" at 2 AM (EDT) today.  A's for the walk-off grand slam win in the 10th inning.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    The Rays were disappointing yesterday.  The joy was finally watching a game w my 16 year old daughter and 18 year old son.

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    What's with FOX putting in a digital crowd. It's kinda creepy.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Acn
    Options
    Welp, that was quick...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Acn said:
    Welp, that was quick...
    I didn't even get a chance to renew my MLB.TV subscription.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Acn
    Options
    Acn said:
    Welp, that was quick...
    I didn't even get a chance to renew my MLB.TV subscription.
    Probably for the best...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I guess baseball isn’t quite as socially distanced as we’d hoped.  That’s a gut punch.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    As this season continues there will be more hic-cups and audibles called.  I have no idea the tipping point to shutting it all down but hopefully MLB has thought this thru.  That said, with the the way baseball hosed up the approach to this whole thing I'm not confident in the way ahead.  One game at a time.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    “I wasn’t taking steroids to cheat.  I got treatment for the covid”

• CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    I guess baseball isn’t quite as socially distanced as we’d hoped.  That’s a gut punch.
    One word...Miami. 

It’s just Florida being Florida. It’s too far gone to save As I heard Rogan say on a podcast last week, “we should saw it off and sell it to the Russians.”
  • thetrim
    Options
    Yup, Florida Man is f'ing up the Rays' World Series Championship season.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Nationally available on ESPN- Dodgers at Astros, 7:10 PM (EDT).  A little chin music last night-what's gonna happen tonight?
    Nothing at the head but da-n, the Astros organization needs to feel the rage given their past practices.  
    Spineless commish shoulda vacated their WS win 2017.  
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited July 2020
    Options

That shirt is awesome!

Jomboy is worth checking out on YouTube if you're a baseball fan. His breakdowns of baseball highlights is hilarious. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota