Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

#EGGtoberfest2020 (UPDATE)

The_BuffaloThe_Buffalo Posts: 352
edited October 9 in EggHead Forum

Regrettably, the 2020 Annual EGGtoberfest scheduled for October 10th will not be held this year. As much as we look forward to hosting the event, the safety and well-being of our participants, volunteers, family, friends - the EGGhead community - is our top priority. 

We have considered numerous ways to stage EGGfest on a different scale, but it would be impossible to gather and still comply with the guidelines, given the nature of the event and the fact that most of it involves people in close quarters cooking, standing together to share samples or sitting together for demos.

We will soon announce plans for an interactive virtual EGGfest, to be streamed online on Saturday, October 10th , and featuring many of the grillers and chefs you’d usually see in person … we may even provide a way to purchase EGGfest “demo” EGGs!

Start Friday 5PM ET and runs until Sunday 6PM ET!

Click Here for Details >> https://biggreenegg.com/eggtoberfest/

Be sure to show us what you're cooking and use #EGGtoberfest2020

The Big Green Egg Team

Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 14,453
    Expected...but disappointing. 
    Johns Creek GA with a Large & a 17" Blackstone........Medium & MiniMax in storage

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 22,292
    @The_Buffalo - if you want to gain some on-line practice, then in around an hour or so check out the Community and Friday Night forum thread.  Link to the zoom is on page one of the thread and P/W will be PM'd if interested.  
    @JohnInCarolina -above provided FYI-
    Louisville; "indeterminate Jim" here.  Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,222

Eggpocalypse.

New Albany, Ohio 

• CPFC1905CPFC1905 Posts: 872
    Your loss is our gain,  us Brits will be able to dial-in then.
    @Eoin @Stormbringer
     "Shohna ba Shohna"
    Op Herrick / Enduring Freedom  2011 - 14.
  • Maybe next year.  

Until then...

We are having an egg fest every weekend in our backyard.  6-8 neighbors pop in for beef, beers and cheers!
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 3,693
    Monday morning.
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 779
    Best to have cancelled. It would have just been another opportunity for hate to be spewed between the diehard democrats and Republicans here. Is anyone else getting tired of the stupid political threads here that are causing even more division in the country?

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

• Was hoping to purchase a demo egg this year. With this change, will there be any special pricing available?
  • danlbrowndanlbrown Posts: 81
    QDude....I think the point is missed....it’s really not a party affiliation thing....it’s really only an integrity, morality and honesty thing...you can’t hide behind party. 
  • dstearndstearn Posts: 1,444
    Will this be available to view on You Tube?
  • The_BuffaloThe_Buffalo Posts: 352
    dstearn said:
    Will this be available to view on You Tube?
    Yes
    Coming to you from the Mothership!
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 4,352

Schedule of Events

https://biggreenegg.com/eggtoberfest/

EGGTOBERFEST -- Beginning in 1998 – and held every year since on a flavor-filled Saturday in October – outdoor cooks have been gathering to celebrate family, friends and great food cooked on the Big Green Egg. 

This weekend, we’ll miss seeing you in person – and sharing all those delicious recipes – but the show will go on! 

From the comfort of your own backyard, we invite you to fire up your EGG and join us for EGGtoberfest 2020 on YouTubeFacebook and Instagram – on Friday, October 9 through Sunday, October 11.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009

Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'

Bob Hope:

When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 7,586
    Got to love this, never seen a post with so much mixed reactions, thanks to @caliking for completing the full spectrum  =)

canuckland