Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Stick Burner Wood Prices?

2»

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    QDude said:
    Hotch said:
    Post Oak delivered and stacked $400 a cord. $200 a 1/2 and $125 for a 1/4.
    Pecan and Mesquite add about 10% to that.
    I did score some of the best cherry I've ever had last year for a bargain!
    As it is now $600, $325 and $175!! 
    Where are you located?
    I'm in Prosper TX.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Roller coaster ride! And not the good kind! Glad everything is good.

Now get that stick burner up and running and don't split hairs on the wood and enjoy life and some good bbq!
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Great news @QDude
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    I'm going to pick up a 1/4 cord of post oak tomorrow in Fort Collins - $220. Thanks everyone.

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited July 2020
    QDude said:
    I'm going to pick up a 1/4 cord of post oak tomorrow in Fort Collins - $220. Thanks everyone.
    As expensive as that is for us Texans, it’s still way cheaper for you to buy local. Kind of like weed for us 😂
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • QDude
    Retirement isn't too far away and we hope to travel around the country with our travel trailer.  Hope to go south and pick up good Texas or Oklahoma hardwood on the way home.  In the meantime I will have to bite the bullet and pay the premium for living in Colorado.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I’m sure you could find a local milder hardwood and go 50/50 with the KBQ and still get what you’re after.  Future experiments maybe.
  • flexfusion
    flexfusion Posts: 240
    Go for it Dude....very happy to hear you that things turned out well.  Nothing worst than medical scares. 
    Auburn, Alabama
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    edited July 2020
    Just had an oak tree fall down in the front yard.  Fell away from the house, Thank God, so no damage.  Plenty of Karubecue fuel and firewood for daughter and son in law and 8 moth old baby.  The wife grimaced when I said it was my Fall project, but this old man (71) ain't going to stroke out in 90°+ heat and high humidity....
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • QDude
    Lucky you.  I was at someone's house yesterday who needed some large limbs trimmed.  Said it was an oak tree and I could keep the wood.  Turned out to be a maple instead.  Oh well...

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    QDude said:
    Lucky you.  I was at someone's house yesterday who needed some large limbs trimmed.  Said it was an oak tree and I could keep the wood.  Turned out to be a maple instead.  Oh well...
    Nothing wrong with Maple 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • QDude
    WeberWho said:
    QDude said:
    Nothing wrong with Maple 
    I did keep a few of the smaller logs and will let them dry for a few months. I should probably get a moisture meter.

XL BGE and a KBQ.