Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fathers day weekend. Egg got a workout

Options
Happy fathers day to everyone. Hope it was great.   Started Friday night with simple burgers and dogs.   Saturday did a brisket flat that the wife picked up at aldis of all places.   I didn't have my hopes set high on this,  but it actually turned out great!!  Paired with grilled radishes and watermelon feta salad. Sunday was steaks and bone marrow . Enjoy!

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Great looking groceries.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Dude, great weekend.  Looks like you got a workout - at least in a BBQ sense.  Well played.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bigworm
    bigworm Posts: 20
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lol I love your WOO setup in the last picture with the bone marrow. Cheap and easy way to get extra raised in the dome without any fancy stuff. Not sure how many people are aware you can do it like that but it works. I did some chicken wings high up with that setup recently and they were the best.

Edit: All of the food you cooked looks amazing.
    Large and a MM
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Holy mackerel 😳 Fantastic...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Great cook!

What temp and how long did you go for the bone marrow?

I have a couple femur bones in the freezer I want to split and cook up
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 355
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    Great cook!

What temp and how long did you go for the bone marrow?

I have a couple femur bones in the freezer I want to split and cook up
    It's pretty forgiving.   I do s&p and garlic powder with a drizzle of evoo. Ive run temps from 250 to 400.  This particular cook i ran at 375-400, because i put it on frozen.  Time was probably 75 minutes or so.   Once it pulls away from the bone,  it's done