Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Mini Carrier

Options
I just became the proud new owner of an unused mini and I’m looking for the carrier for it. 

Does anyone have one laying around? 
Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Congrats on the mini.  Mine is the most used egg I have and if something happened to it it would be replaced quickly.  

I don’t have a carrier for you though but I do have an extra original nest. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    ...but I do have an extra original nest. 
    This kind? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Mattman3969
    Options
    This kind? =)

Nope.   It’s the tripod style 

analyze adapt overcome

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have two, but they have eggs in them. :)

If you cant locate one, $69 isn't too bad:

https://biggreenegg.com/product/mini-carrier/

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    I have mine in the same carrier as @cookingdude555. Found it at my local Ace Hardware. Here it is in action!

Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Kevinboatright
    Options
    Congrats on the mini.  Mine is the most used egg I have and if something happened to it it would be replaced quickly.  

I don’t have a carrier for you though but I do have an extra original nest. 
    Thansk. I can’t wait to use it. What do you mean by original nest? Like the 3 legged tripod thing?  

This kind? =)

No not that kind, but I could use one of those for my chimenia if you have one laying around. 

I have two, but they have eggs in them. :)

If you cant locate one, $69 isn't too bad:

https://biggreenegg.com/product/mini-carrier/

$70 is steep considering it would be about %45 of my total cost for the mini. 
    Atlanta, GA 

• Mattman3969
    Options
    @kevinboatright - yes the tripod stand 

analyze adapt overcome

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

This kind? =)

No not that kind, but I could use one of those for my chimenia if you have one laying around. 

Sorry, I don't. The one in the pic belonged to lowercasebill, an egger here from years ago.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Kevinboatright
    Options
    Just randomly checking in too see if anyone is open to selling an extra pair of legs or a carrier they may have laying around. I still can’t justify full price for the legs or carrier.  I’m located in 30064.
    Thanks. 
    Atlanta, GA 

• Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Just randomly checking in too see if anyone is open to selling an extra pair of legs or a carrier they may have laying around. I still can’t justify full price for the legs or carrier.  I’m located in 30064.
    Thanks. 

Check craigslist around you for a medium nest. I saw it posted here somewhere that the mini will fit in it. If someone can confirm
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    Thanks. 

Check craigslist around you for a medium nest. I saw it posted here somewhere that the mini will fit in it. If someone can confirm
    Mini max fits in the medium nest perfectly.  Maybe I will try out the mini in the small nest ... that may be the ticket.
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    Thanks. 

Mini max fits in the medium nest perfectly.  Maybe I will try out the mini in the small nest ... that may be the ticket.
    Didn’t fit well. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i dont think it would be hard to bend those tabs for a tighter fit.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    i dont think it would be hard to bend those tabs for a tighter fit.....
    You are probably right.  It went back into the mini carrier after the pic.  Man pulling the small out of the nest reminded me I am not the strong young man I tell people I used to be.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I got one from my local dealer.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I got one from my local dealer.
    That’s probably going to be my next stop. 
    Atlanta, GA 

• Mattman3969
    Options
    You looking for a mini carrier or a small nest?  Didn’t your egg end up being a small not a mini or am I confused?

analyze adapt overcome

• Kevinboatright
    Options
    You looking for a mini carrier or a small nest?  Didn’t your egg end up being a small not a mini or am I confused?
    Looking for a mini carrier. 
    Atlanta, GA 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Boy i wish this guy was still around. I gave this one to Village Idiot for a favor he did for me. But would buy one in a second if still available. That one was #21. 

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Boy i wish this guy was still around. I gave this one to Village Idiot for a favor he did for me. But would buy one in a second if still available. That one was #21. 

Wow! #21. Mine is #53 and was a gift! Just proves once again that there are charitable eggers in this community and you, Mickey, are one of them!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Mickey said:

That’s one good looking carrier. 
    Atlanta, GA 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited July 2020
    Options
    RRP said:
    Mickey said:

Wow! #21. Mine is #53 and was a gift! Just proves once again that there are charitable eggers in this community and you, Mickey, are one of them!
    I remember i had $50 in special rubber type crap on the bottom (orange). That puppy got hot on the bottom. I finally added Egg Feet to raise it. Those were the days. The guy who made them came to the first two or three Salado Eggfests. He sold a bunch here. Then he moved from seems like the Houston area out of state. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Mickey said:
    RRP said:
    Mickey said:

I remember i had $50 in special rubber type crap on the bottom (orange). That puppy got hot on the bottom. I finally added Egg Feet to raise it. Those were the days. The guy who made them came to the first two or three Salado Eggfests. He sold a bunch here. Then he moved from seems like the Houston area out of state. 
    When you stopping running the Salado Eggfest, many of us thought about leaving Texas...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Looking for a mini carrier. 
    I had made one out of wood yesrs ago. It sat into my wood table my large was in but I could lift it out to make the mini portable. I think it was like $10 in wood.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Found a pic. It was framed in 2*2s with 1*6 top and bottom. If you have a jig saw you could make this in an hour.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    This kind? =)

=)  =)=)
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Man, dude who makes Eggcartons is no longer around? I have #71. I had my mini sitting on some ceramic tile but switched to feet after I got the table nest for my XL.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I just looked up the egg carten. https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1160403/egg-carten-roll-call

You know these would be quite easy to make. Were they stainless steel or aluminum?? If someone could trace one of the sides on some paper, roll it up, and mail it I could get quotes on getting the pieces water jet cut (without the letters cut). The handles are essentially off the shelf items. It would be nice to have it one piece and get it bent on a brake. The other option would be a three piece deal and weld the sides on. Any interest on this? Not looking to make money, I would just get the quote. I could weld up the three piece unit if bending ends up being too expensive.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I just looked up the egg carten. https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1160403/egg-carten-roll-call

You know these would be quite easy to make. Were they stainless steel or aluminum?? If someone could trace one of the sides on some paper, roll it up, and mail it I could get quotes on getting the pieces water jet cut (without the letters cut). The handles are essentially off the shelf items. It would be nice to have it one piece and get it bent on a brake. The other option would be a three piece deal and weld the sides on. Any interest on this? Not looking to make money, I would just get the quote. I could weld up the three piece unit if bending ends up being too expensive.
    It is stainless steel. You would not want me to attempt to trace. I can barely draw a straight line, and you wouldn't be able to read my hand writing because it's so bad.
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL.