Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Fire Pit

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
A few weeks ago I bought an end of a propane tank that was made into a fire pit.  Last Saturday my wife and I cleaned off the rust and old paint.  We decided to paint it to match my BGE XL.   Looks pretty good to me.  May try it out this weekend. 
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    That's cool!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    I look forward to being able to buy one of those at Ace for $4000 in the near future.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    That's great. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice find and excellent rehab!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I look forward to being able to buy one of those at Ace for $4000 in the near future.  
    probably will be called the PitEggator or something 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    It was $100 for the pit and about $85 in paint.  Hopefully it will cool down enough we can try it out.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    It was $100 for the pit and about $85 in paint.  Hopefully it will cool down enough we can try it out.
    October will be here before you know it. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA