Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

On a Roll - Cinnamon Roll that is...

Options
SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
edited April 2020 in EggHead Forum
I really don't like throwing out ripe sourdough starter - especially now. I found this recipe and thought I'd try it. It was bomb diggity...
https://www.baking-sense.com/2019/02/12/sourdough-cinnamon-buns/

I didn't get pics preparing them. If you decide to make them - yes, they are like sticky buns. Put them on something where they won't stick. I lined my pan with non-stick foil/parchment paper and it worked fine.  They cooked a little longer than the recipe called for - maybe 40 minutes. I pulled them when the internal temp of the dough was above 205 degrees.

I'll be doing these again.

Stay safe y'all. 
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    And the beat goes on!  Dang-I would be on quite the sugar high in short order with those.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I really don't like throwing out ripe sourdough starter - especially now. I found this recipe and thought I'd try it. It was bomb diggity...
    https://www.baking-sense.com/2019/02/12/sourdough-cinnamon-buns/

I'll be doing these again.

I know you will  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    oh damn. Simply outstanding! I'd dig into that tray post haste. 

Thanks for the recipe link. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Mother of God those look good...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Mother of God those look good...
    My wife and I both ate one this morning.
    I traded half for 2 dozen fresh eggs.
    We took the rest to a friend. (texted and left on their door step)
    These things are too calorie dense to keep around...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Oh snap! @caliking I should have kept them and made bread pudding. Talking about a calorie rich gut bomb. Maybe next week. 
    *Insert evil laugh here __________*
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    I’ve been craving cinnamon rolls! Stealing this!

LBGE
    AL
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I saw this on IG.  Wow!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Oh snap! @caliking I should have kept them and made bread pudding. Talking about a calorie rich gut bomb. Maybe next week. 
    *Insert evil laugh here __________*
    Had to come back to drool over these. 

Bread pudding... oh yes.  I was thinking of french toast - slice in half, then slather icing in between like a sammich. Some bourbon maple syrup or something like that drizzled over it. I guess they’re rather similar though. 

And I love the barter  system, you have going. I’d happily trade baked goods for fresh eggs any time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.