Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New breville workhorse

Options
Marinated some faroe island salmon filets in a mix of brown sugar, Mirin, barrel aged soy sauce, teriyaki, dizzy pig river rage, and fermented garlic.

Baked in my new breville smart oven pro.

Very happy with the results for this quick indoor cook on this very rainy day.

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice crisp goin on right there.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I haven't cooked any proteins yet in my new Breville, but I absolutely love the thing.  Simple things, like the interior light coming on automatically 30 seconds before my toast is done (allowing adjustment), magnets in the door that pull out the wire rack automatically, and the intuitive adjustments; just a great, great design.  :triumph: 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,421
    Options
    Botch said:
    I haven't cooked any proteins yet in my new Breville, but I absolutely love the thing.  Simple things, like the interior light coming on automatically 30 seconds before my toast is done (allowing adjustment), magnets in the door that pull out the wire rack automatically, and the intuitive adjustments; just a great, great design.  :triumph: 
    Glad you like the recommendation. We use ours more than the conventional convection oven. Heats up quicker and a breeze to use for the kids meals
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    My Breville Smart Oven Pro just started malfunctioning at ~ 19 months of use.
    examples: 
    - I set it for 350 @ 24 minutes (or any time and temp) and each time it turns silently off after 10 minutes
    - The time I set just flashes off and on.  It doesn't count down at all.

Too expensive for it to have problems so soon.

Their website claims it has a 
    >  2 Year Limited Product Warranty  
    so I need to make the phone call soon, but I'd guess they will charge me for shipping which will be a lot since it weighs a ton.

So I just ordered a "Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Oven" from Best Buy.  It looks like it should solve 2 everyday problems: 
    - More horizontal space for roasting vegetables.  It's shorter but wider.
    - Nifty feature - it flips up when needed.   Look forward to doing this while unloading groceries.