Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Grasshopper business phone service

kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,410
Does anybody have any real world experience? 

Looking into it.

From what I can tell after talking to a less than enthusiastic sales rep..... it will almost do what I want,  but will have to establish an actual land line or a different Voip service and Grasshopper would only compliment the service,  which doesn't sound too bad, I just won't realize the cost savings I initially thought I would. 

Are there competitors that are better? 

I don't want to type out my entire wish list if what I hope to accomplish unless someone has some real world experiences. 

I've installed Cisco IP phone systems, worked with PBX systems,  as well as used OnSip and Jive.  I may go with Onsip again.  I have to review their offerings.   One main feature I want is to easily call out from any cell phone using the company's main phone number as the outgoing caller ID.  System must be easy and non techy for regular users.

Thanks in advance. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited February 2020
    kl8ton said:
    Does anybody have any real world experience? 

Looking into it.

From what I can tell after talking to a less than enthusiastic sales rep..... it will almost do what I want,  but will have to establish an actual land line or a different Voip service and Grasshopper would only compliment the service,  which doesn't sound too bad, I just won't realize the cost savings I initially thought I would. 

Are there competitors that are better? 

I don't want to type out my entire wish list if what I hope to accomplish unless someone has some real world experiences. 

I've installed Cisco IP phone systems, worked with PBX systems,  as well as used OnSip and Jive.  I may go with Onsip again.  I have to review their offerings.   One main feature I want is to easily call out from any cell phone using the company's main phone number as the outgoing caller ID.  System must be easy and non techy for regular users.

Thanks in advance. 

We use Dialpad at our office. This is the main feature that we wanted. Hate calling clients from my cell and them getting my direct number/personal number.

I can easily switch mid call to my desk phone or the virtual phone on the laptop via their app
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Thanks @ColtsFan I will look into that! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI