Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saving recipes and post

Options
How is the best way to save a post or recipe off of here so you can go back later and not have to search through a bunch of posts. Thanks.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Book mark it, the star just to the right of the header 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    edited January 2020
    Options
    for a recipe I just copy it into a cookbook that I keep on my computer and phone. That helps if it gets buffaloed for some reason.
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Copy it and then paste it into whatever recipe software you use. I tag all recipes from this forum with a "BGE" category for easy reference.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Uncleboobot
    Options
    kinda related to the original post, but how do you search on this forum? I’m looking for some info/advice on setting temperatures for indirect cooking.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @Uncleboobot.  

Welcome to the madness!

If on the full site, there is search box.
    Or
    Type in what you are searching for in google and add “big green egg Forum” to the end of on the phone.  Example “pork loin indirect big green egg forum” That will yield quick results.  

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    I like the paprika app. It takes a bit of work to paste in a recipe from a site like this but it has a great interface for downloading recipes from normal recipe sites. It automatically strips out all the junk that people post with most blog type recipes and just downloads and formats the good stuff. It’s not free but it’s been worth it to me. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    edited January 2020
    Options
    I copy mine onto an Apple Pages document, then upload it to a "Recipes" folder on my Dropbox account.  
    This is kinda stupid of me, and I intend to download all the recipes onto a disk once I'm retired.  I made this mistake storing most of my photos of cooks, projects, and audio projects on the "free" Photobucket, then they decided to all of the sudden charge $400/yr (iirc) so I lost all that (my semi-serious nature photography is stored at home, duplicated).  

And, Welcome!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Evernote web clipper
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • jetman96
    jetman96 Posts: 127
    Options
    I use Plan to Eat. Web and mobile app. I have an add-on in my browser that will clip recipes from most web sites. It works great and is well worth the $40 per year.
    Cincinnati, OH
    Large BGE
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    I use Mastercook. It also has a "Add to" for browser use. Works very well.