Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Houston Texas Restaurant Depot

Options
Has anyone been using RD in Houston and if so what are their typical prices for choice or prime brisket and beef tenderloin
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    It's been some time since I have been to either of the 2 Houston stores.
    Quality and selection at Sam's and HEB has improved so much it's just not worth the drive and traffic for me.
    But if you have never been, you should check them out. You can also go online and look at their sales ads for the week.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just Buy the Wagyu brisket at H-E-B for $5.99Lb. There is not even a close 2nd outside of SRF and it’s double the price. Their steaks are unbelievable too. $35 for strips and $39 for ribeye and filet. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I agree with the 2 gents above. HEB really stepped up their beef game this year. I have 3 sources for prime beef (besides the wagyu brisket at HEB) less than 10mins from me, so I stopped lusting after RD a few years ago. 

But there's something to be said about a place that has coveralls for you to don and enter the walk-in cooler,  where whole goats are stacked in a drum like brooms. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Thanks for the input.  I have using HEB and costco  so I will just continue that
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    You guys are dvcks.  Not to mention Specs.  There is one liquor store in my county and it’s in a Kroger. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You guys are dvcks.  Not to mention Specs.  There is one liquor store in my county and it’s in a Kroger. 
    We are getting a Total Wine.  I'm pumped fvckin up!
    We are getting a Total Wine.  I'm pumped fvckin up!
     Awe come on! We had one where I lived in Raleigh, when I fell behind on brewing I could run into Total Wine and walk out with a keg of micro brew. Loved that place. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.