Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA Advance planning-National Bacon Day Monday Dec 30, 2019 - PSA

Options
With all the seasonal distractions looming I was doing a calendar look and saw where National Bacon Day is Monday, Dec 30th.  Below is some back-ground info:
"National Bacon Day is an unofficial U.S holiday which falls on December 30th and is celebrated on an annual basis. The purpose of this holiday is to celebrate that tasty morsel of cured pork belly that is commonly known today as bacon. It’s a great day to enjoy bacon as a snack, with one of your meals for that day or even incorporate it into a tasty dessert. After all, everything goes better with bacon, so they say. This holiday shouldn’t be confused with International Bacon Day – a holiday which falls on the Saturday before Labor Day."
So, plan ahead and celebrate as you see fit!!  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Wonderful!  I shall partake in celebrating!
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    Shameless bump.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Got some bacon in the freezer that I smoked last spring. Time to break it out; thanks for the excuse!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I coulda swore it was earlier so I google-checked you, Sir; but you are correct!  It was IBD I was thinking of.  
    It's on a Monday, so president trump will probably give us guv'mint workers the day off, since president Obama didn't (that's what happened for Xmas Eve, tomorrow!)   =)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I thought of something to try so I'm in as well.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'll be eating some halal bacon, just to mix things up.
    Bacon went in the hole today for 7 days but I will miss the 12/30 deadline. I will have to participate a couple of days late. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Found in the Louisville newspaper on-line version.  Works for me.
    "Gwyneth Paltrow is on record as saying (to The Telegraph in London three years ago), “I’m not sure how healthy bacon is in general, but I know it’s incredibly delicious.”
    Game on Monday...
  • smokingal
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Reminds me of the time when Kate Moss was quoted as saying "Nothing tastes as great as skinny feels", to which late night host Seth Meyers responded to with "One Word.  BACON!!"
    Arteflame grill grate

• smokingal
    Options
    @lousubcap That shrimp sounds delicious.  Enjoy!
    Arteflame grill grate

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Good show @lousubcap I bet that smells amazing 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    @smokingal that looks delicious! 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @smokingal - Bringing it as always.  Great acknowledgement of the Day!
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    First of all - that's the work of genius.
    Second - we do bacon bit different over here.   Most commonly we use 'back' bacon and to less well done. 
    Since its bacon and there's always enough time for bacon;
    this is the bacon of my dreams/childhood - note the rind on and I am assuming its smoked. 

One of those, tied egg and two toast was my school age breakfast until about 11.

The UK's best hangover and vegetarianism cure is something like this;

There's fierce debate about sauce within the sarnie.  Red (tomato) or Brown (weird fruity sort of stuff) - both are wretch din my opinion, but I'll take dollop of mayo occasionally, with tomato and ground pepper.  Maybe even lettuce if I am feeling smug.  

Go bacon!
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    no pic here but went with a homemade guac covered with a pound bacon. seems to have nudged my bp up a bit today though but was worth it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sorry I missed it, but it was a nice thread to get caught up on.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95