Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

OT: Burrow as the student-athlete

Nice profile of the kid here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/joe-burrow-lsu-ohio-state/2019/12/12/add2f9e0-1d0f-11ea-8d58-5ac3600967a1_story.html

Pretty impressive to accomplish what he has and earn two degrees along the way.  Congrats to him winning the Heisman last night.   Seems like a really good kid to me and also that his on-field achievements are very much deserving of the award.   

"A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Living large in the 919

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 23,244
    Yes - all around WINNER!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • g8golferg8golfer Posts: 1,016
    Come on down to Cincinnati Joe. We suck but can’t wait to have you in black and orange. 
  • SaltySamSaltySam Posts: 761
    As a Husker fan, the last few weeks have been filled with stories of how Burrow’s dad played for Nebraska and how he wanted to come to Lincoln but was overlooked.  For his sake, I’m glad he went somewhere with a strong offensive line.  He surely wouldn’t have won a Heisman here!  

That being said, his relationship with Coach Oregeron is something to be celebrated.  Watching both of them get emotional during Burrow’s speech is a testament to the impact good leadership and mentorship can have.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• dbCooperdbCooper Posts: 447
    Good role model all around, like seeing that in the student-athletes.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber
    Great Plains, USA
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 2,356
    edited December 2019
    Ol Jeaux Burreaux ran away with it.  Hope he can keep his head together with all that is coming his way.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 33,257
    I like coach O.  I can't understand him half the time because he speaks under 20Hz, but he's well respected by the players.

• I like coach O.  I can't understand him half the time because he speaks under 20Hz, but he's well respected by the players.
    That’s because most of the players don’t speak over 15 Hz.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

Living large in the 919
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 17,135
    Bump.

Living large in the 919