Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low and slow day.

Options
I had a few errands to run this morning but the rest of the day was all mine.  Mrs. B was finishing up our Christmas shopping so I had the house to myself. I decided it was going to be a down south soul food day.   I fired up the Mini Mx around 1:30.

Started with sweet potatoes.  While they got started I washed and rinsed some collard and mustard greens and threw them in the pot with the onions, bacon, garlic and ham stock I make the other day.  Also some black eye peas simmering away in the same ham stock.  

There was no rush, after all I had all day.  I cooked the greens I would guess 4 hours very slow until I was satisfied with the texture.  

Cranked the heat up a tad and put the MM to work on the chops.  What else with greens and black eye peas?

Chops on, mine with Carolina treat, hers just salt. 

Finished it off with a pan of cornbread. 

I have to say we enjoyed it.

Thanks for looking. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments