Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back on the BGE

Options
Well my week got away from me, and I didn’t have a chance to cook the chuck roast I had wanted...but that’s ok.   Last night after Norah Grace’s Christmas play we fired up the Green Machine to cook 2 pork butts.  
The Cook: 
fired up the grill at 10p and got it dialed in at 225  Let it roll until 11:30 when I tossed on the pork butts.  At 630a the temp was holding steady at 225ish (dipped a little no biggie), the crust was set and I wrapped the butts.  

It is now just a little before 8am and they are temping a 175, they are tight, but that’s ok.  I need to have them done for 1pm.    

What I’ve noticed after not using the Egg for so long...
Fist the XL is so roomy compared to my Classic Joe.  

Secondly its much more sensitive to minor adjustments.  It seems like  just the flick of the vents and it’s climbing, which isn’t a bad thing.   

Third, that dang thing is heavy, go ahead and snicker, the dome lid is at the top of my weight limit, my wife made fun of me for saying...crap that’s beefy.  

Lastly, I love being able to take and wrap an old kettle cooking grid and use it as a drip pan.  

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments