Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flame Boss vs CyberQ vs ThermoWorks Signals

Options
I have an older model BBQ Guru I will probably give to my brother, but I want something that I can control/watch via wifi. I've searched through the archives and read through a lot of threads already. Just wanting some info with Black Friday coming up, thought there may be a special out there coming up... 
Opelika, AL

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    IMO, the cyber is for serious comp guys who want to monitor a bunch of different meats. I haven't messed with the signals yet, but i'm sure its a fine product. The FB or genius is an easy and adequate solution.
  • BigreenGreg
    Options
    I like the Flameboss 500 better than my Cyberq, it’s given me no problems and does a better job of bringing the fire up to temp without over-shooting.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    edited November 2019
    Options
    If you subscribe to their newsletter, Thermoworks has periodic sales.  Sometimes it is a specific item, sometimes 20% your entire order.  I recently picked up a Signals + Billows.  I know the firmware isn't as mature on the Billows as some of the others but the price was right and I'm a big fan of ThermoWorks instant thermometers.  I've used the Signals a few times and like it.  I hope to try the Billows on a brisket next week.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Flameboss has been “bulletproof “ for me.  Have 2 of them and they get used a lot. Like how they update firmware thru WiFi every so often, and customer service is top notch!!!
  • Blackwidow98
    Options
    +1 on Flame Boss!    My FB 200 hasn't let me down since I purchased it in 2016.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,787
    Options
    FB500 getting delivered tomorrow, will see how it compares to my Stoker
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bradleya123
    Options
    Had my Flame Boss 200 for 5 years easy, had a minor issue with the temp Probe, Flame Boss repaired it and sent it back within a week.  Great customer service!!  
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC