Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cold temps call for cold smoke

Options

Habanero jalapeño cheese, habanero mango cheese, gruyere, extra sharp cheddar, horseradish white cheddar, Gouda, blue cheese, and some chex mix for the fun of it!

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I like the Chex Mix idea.  Does it need to mellow out for a while like cheese before you eat it?
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Yeah buddy 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Leopoldstoch
    Options
    smokingal said:
    I like the Chex Mix idea.  Does it need to mellow out for a while like cheese before you eat it?
    Not too sure to be honest. This will be my first attempt at cold smoking the Chex mix. I will probably try some right away and let some mellow to see what route to go in the future.

Brandon - Ohio

• milesvdustin
    Options
    I did some cheese earlier, smelled like an ash tray. Vac packed it and put it in the fridge, it's for christmas. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited November 2019
    Options
    smokingal said:
    No ma’am on the mellow.  I use a chunk of apple and run about 250ish until it starts to dry out and get crunchy 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1210774/smoked-chex-party-mix

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • rekameohs
    Options

Habanero jalapeño cheese, habanero mango cheese, gruyere, extra sharp cheddar, horseradish white cheddar, Gouda, blue cheese, and some chex mix for the fun of it!

Do you get good smoke flavor using the whole block of cheese?  I usually cut mine into rectangles about 1" square (on end).
    Raleigh, NC
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    rekameohs said:

Do you get good smoke flavor using the whole block of cheese?  I usually cut mine into rectangles about 1" square (on end).
    Me too. More surface area.