Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Over the top chili

Options

Pics way out of order. 

Anyways, started with some smoked chorizo, jalapeños, garlic, and onion.

Added tomatoes, whole and diced. Some chipotle peppers. 

Set the meatball atop and let it go for several hours with some sugar maple wood chunks and rock wood.

Broke down the meatball and added sweet corn and chili beans. Let it smoke and meld for a few more hours.

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• JethroBodeen
    Options
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Looks awesome, especially with all of the fixin’s. Do you find that there’s a layer of grease from the meatball drippings?  Or no more than normal chili?
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,648
    Options
    Great looking bowl of goodness. Neat cook.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Looks awesome, especially with all of the fixin’s. Do you find that there’s a layer of grease from the meatball drippings?  Or no more than normal chili?
    I didn’t find it to be any greasier than other chili cooks I have done in the past.

Brandon - Ohio

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice bowl of chili right there! Excellent build up of crud on the oval stone as well.  =)
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    I'm planning to pick up a beef roast (chuck most likely) before the weekend to smoke and use in a batch of chili. I'll cut it into strips about 1" to 1-1/2" thick and full length to smoke on the egg. That way I get more surface area for the smoke to caress. Then I cube it up (small, about 1/4" cubes) to place into the pot. Since I'll be cramped for time (need to smoke a turkey breast section the same day, plus make sammich bread), I'll pre-cook the beans in the crock pot while the meat is smoking. 

I did this process last time and it came out really good. This time I might include some chips along with the chunks in order to get more smoke flavor at the start. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,038
    Options
    That was a beautiful presentation. Tha k you for sharing that bowl of deliciousness.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky