Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri tip

Options
A quick tritip tonight.  Rubbed with dizzypig cowlick.  250 until 110.  Then pulled and foiled.  Put back on at 700 for a nice sear.
Go Gamecocks!!!
1 XL, 1 MM
Smoking in Aiken South Carolina

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    VERY NICE! 

I can recall that not too many years ago most of us outside of CA had never heard much about that cut of cow, much less how a BGE could work it into a magical meal! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    Options
    I've never done one of these but they keep looking better and better.  That looks spectacular!
    NC - LBGE
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    edited October 2019
    Options
    RRP said:
    VERY NICE! 

I can recall that not too many years ago most of us outside of CA had never heard much about that cut of cow, much less how a BGE could work it into a magical meal! 
    Yup Run, much like I never really heard of brisket, tritip around here is everywhere ...come next weekend I'll have cooked around 80 in 1 month 

Looks spot on @Gamecockeggman.
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    RRP said:
    VERY NICE! 

Yup Run, much like I never really heard of brisket, tritip around here is everywhere ...come next weekend I'll have cooked around 80 in 1 month 

Looks spot on @Gamecockeggman.
    "cooked around 80 in 1 month"? WOWSER!

I bet with THAT reputation when a field of cattle see you driving by they STAMPEAD! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.