Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Hockey Night in Canada

Options
2»

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    thetrim said:
    But Keith Olbermann has a job....  SMDH
    Olbermann railed against immigrants on ESPN?   I must have missed that.
    Well, no.  But you know he has had some bad thoughts and has probably told an off-color joke at some point.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Don’t watch hockey much so I don’t know the guy but I do applaud his conviction behind standing behind what he said. Too often, folks cower away from their beliefs when they are faced with the slightest adversity. I’m not saying that I agree or disagree with what was said. That other guy folded up like origami without any real need to do so. That was pretty pathetic. I respect the old man much more than that loser LeBron James. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm not positive but I think saying something bad about LeBron is racist. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Acn said:
    Wait, I thought from our semi-regular Penzey’s threads that mixing it is always a bad idea to mix business and politics, why shouldn’t that apply here?

To be honest, Cherry should have been fired 20+ years ago for having a view of hockey that is totally out of date and his disdain and dislike of non Anglo-Canadian players. 
    It's my understanding that Cherry and Subban are friends. Maybe I'm wrong. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    The Maple Leafs are coming to Detroit this Saturday to play my Red Wings.  I am so excited the NHL season is underway!  It’s a little sad because I miss the smack talk with Little Steven.  Anyway, HNIC is coming and that makes it awesome!  Any HNIC fans here?  Growing up in metro Detroit, we enjoyed visiting Canada and all the good things broadcasted from there.  CKLW was an awesome radio station and Hockey Night in Canada is always great!  And of course, there’s Grapes.

Grapes is da man!
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    LOL!  The best thing about hockey is that the only black thing on the ice is the puck!  
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    The Buffalo should delete this account and expose (then delete) his real account. You are crossing the line imo. 
    Snellville, GA

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    LOL!  The best thing about hockey is that the only black thing on the ice is the puck!  
    Not cool man.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Acn said:
    Wait, I thought from our semi-regular Penzey’s threads that mixing it is always a bad idea to mix business and politics, why shouldn’t that apply here?

To be honest, Cherry should have been fired 20+ years ago for having a view of hockey that is totally out of date and his disdain and dislike of non Anglo-Canadian players. 
    It's my understanding that Cherry and Subban are friends. Maybe I'm wrong. 
    Subban is from Toronto, so he’s very much Anglo-Canadian (being from the British part of Canada).  

But even if they are now - Cherry did complain about Subban and didn't start to praise him until he started playing the 'right' way, and fit in with Cherry's view that hockey shouldn't really have changed since the 1970s. 

I also don't subscribe to the idea that one individual friendship invalidates the fact that when Cherry owned an OHL franchise he didn't allow the team to sign European players because he didn't think they belonged, and he has consistently been critical of Quebecois, native Canadians, and Europeans for decades. 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Who woulda figured a thread I started over a month ago about a hockey game televised nationally in the GWN would still be active?
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Who woulda figured a thread I started over a month ago about a hockey game televised nationally in the GWN would still be active?
    You’re surprised a hockey thread is still going during hockey season?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I see a "Fred Thread" and I can't resist.  It's exactly like seeing some news about one's crazy deranged drunk uncle....you can't simply ignore it.