Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Surf and Turf - Ribeyes and Green Lightning Shrimp

First attempt at @NecessaryIndulg green lightning shrimp - amazing flavor! Ribeyes are my favorite, so of course they were delicious. Thanks to @RajunCajun recent post for the inspiration: https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1221484/green-lightning-shrimp#latest

Link to shrimp recipe - https://necessaryindulgences.com/2013/05/green-lightning-shrimp/

Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    @fence0407 Man oh man do those make me hungry.  As Bubba Gump would say, "and then there's Green Lightning Shrimps", and then...

Hope you enjoyed them.  Kristi has some really phenomenal recipes on her site.  Two thumbs up!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    @fence0407 Man oh man do those make me hungry.  As Bubba Gump would say, "and then there's Green Lightning Shrimps", and then...

Hope you enjoyed them.  Kristi has some really phenomenal recipes on her site.  Two thumbs up!
    Thank you sir! These were a hit and easy to do on the Blackstone. I will have to skewer them though at some point. Thanks for the inspiration yours looked amazing!
    Cumming, GA  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Not sure how I missed this. The steaks and shrimp look delicious. You can't go wrong with a recipe from @NecessaryIndulg Her tequila lime chipotle wings are one of my favorite cooks.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • fence0407
    SciAggie said:
    Not sure how I missed this. The steaks and shrimp look delicious. You can't go wrong with a recipe from @NecessaryIndulg Her tequila lime chipotle wings are one of my favorite cooks.
    Appreciate it! I think you've convinced me to try another one of her recipes - those wings sound great! Thanks!
    Cumming, GA  

• Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 141
    I made green lightning shrimp for the first time tonight.  We had bought some Carolina shrimp (15 lbs) off the boat last month and froze them.  These were amazing and the recipe is definitely a do over!
    Carrollton, Va
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    GL shrimp are in my future!
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • fence0407
    Bravo! 

thanks!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Chief9 said:
    I made green lightning shrimp for the first time tonight.  We had bought some Carolina shrimp (15 lbs) off the boat last month and froze them.  These were amazing and the recipe is definitely a do over!
    Oh man - that sounds like a good meal! I agree this will become a regular thing!
    Cumming, GA  

• fence0407
    Matt86m said:
    GL shrimp are in my future!
    Agreed!
    Cumming, GA  

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    That's a BA combination!  Executed very well!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • fence0407
    thetrim said:
    That's a BA combination!  Executed very well!
    Thank you sir! 
    Cumming, GA