Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football Saturday and a brisket

Options
Happy football Saturday folks.  Seeing as how my Gamecocks are off to a terrific start (insert sarcastic response here) I felt it was only fare to reward their performance with a brisket.  Following @lousubcap 's way.  Salt, pepper, drip pan with no liquid.  A little hickory for smoke and Fogo super premium for charcoal.  Hope it turns out better than the game.  What are you cooking today to watch the games?
Go Gamecocks!!!
1 XL, 1 MM
Smoking in Aiken South Carolina

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @YukonRon will be along I'm sure (despite being wrapped in a no adult supervisory beverages funk B)) as his outfit is providing the loyal opposition.  Upon further review, he may be out enjoying Louder than Life and make only a late entry.
    That said, you've got this and for sure with brisket there are many ways to get there.  Just trust the feel to declare victory.  Above all, have fun.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Unfortunately UK Football is back to being UK Football. Traveling  to Columbia to get our butts handed to us again, 3 weeks in a row takes the shine off the game for me.

The young QB at South Carolina will look like a heisman candidate as he exploits our non cover two defensive set, which apparently believes if we let them run all over us, they will not have to pass.

Our offense will be led by a QB seeing his 3rd game, he is inaccurate leads the league in interceptions and fumbles, is slow with a bad shoulder. Those are his good qualities.

Our kicker could not hit water if he was in the middle of the Pacific in a row boat while kicking a football.

We do have a good punter. He has had lots of practice tis year.

If I were a gamecock fan, I am dumping the farm in vegas on the spread. USC should cover, no problem.

UKs 2 wins came in struggles over two MAC teams which are mid tier in that conference.

Enjoy your day and have fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Well the last few years Kentucky has had our number.  Seeing as how we lost to NC and have only one win over a JR Varsity High School team I am not overly confident.  Here is hoping for an enjoyable game to watch!  Oh and by the way there are many Gamecocks who will be unloading in Vegas hoping to come up with enough to buy out Muschamps contract lol.  I am not one of those but do think that we need a real offensive coordinator.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Playing UK will be the healing balm for all Gamecocks. Seriously, UK is inept at best, with zero quality depth. If the QB does not give up a couple of pic 6s early, UK might hang for a quarter, then it will be Heisman stat watch for your QB.

Hoping nobody gets hurt, and hoping the cook comes out alright.

Agreed...an OC makes a big difference. Still waiting on ours to do so.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Cruising along, just wrapped in foil for the final stretch.  Crossing my fingers 
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Looking good

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • wardo
    wardo Posts: 398
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Looking good
    X2.  I'm about to throw my first turkey on the egg as a practice run for Thanksgiving

Post up pics when you're done!
    NC - LBGE
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    wardo said:
    YukonRon said:
    Looking good
    X2.  I'm about to throw my first turkey on the egg as a practice run for Thanksgiving

Post up pics when you're done!
    Best of luck, I will be watching.  I have been wanting to try it.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    When the consumers enjoy it is a great outcome every time.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • wardo
    Options
    Looks like you nailed it!  Well done.
    NC - LBGE
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    Options
    And we won! Go ****'s!
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    Options
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Great post. That looks like a success on so many levels.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Touchdown!
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like a winner. Guess you will have to do a brisket every weekend now until they lose. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• wardo
    Options
    Looks like a winner. Guess you will have to do a brisket every weekend now until they lose. 
    Ya you're right, he's got to now!
    NC - LBGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    It was Kentucky. You could have done a grilled cheese.

Beautiful outcome on the brisket and congrats on the game. The cook looked delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Hope the best for you and the team the rest of the year.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    Job well done
    Tim Rickman,Tn.