Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Score!

Options
This past weekend my local dealer was having a “taste of” cooking demo. One large egg and one Traeger, after tasting of course we went inside to look around and found they were taking free entries to win a Traeger so we each signed up. Today my wife got the call that she won. I never thought I would have a Traeger, I have always been looking for an additional Egg but I guess not now  =)
Brian
Fairview, Texas

Comments

• Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    That’s great for you. The price being even better. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nice! I would rather be lucky than good any day! Post some pics!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Nice Win for Sure...
    I bet your wife could easily trade it for a nice pair of shoes.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Congrats, that's cool!  
    @Photo Egg, you're evil!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    As above, better to be lucky than good any day.  You may want to see if you can swing a deal back to the dealer with the traeger for a BGE if they are open as I suspect they will move more pellet cookers than BGE's   Regardless, great score!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    As above, better to be lucky than good any day.  You may want to see if you can swing a deal back to the dealer with the traeger for a BGE if they are open as I suspect they will move more pellet cookers than BGE's   Regardless, great score!
    Good idea but this is my wife’s call and she thinks a variety is better for me, learn new ways to cook, besides it is her birthday gift to me. Her birthday is two days before mine,  now the pressure is on for me to go out and find her something nice for free since that is what she spent on mine, any suggestions?
    Brian
    Fairview, Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,383
    Options
    brimee said:
    lousubcap said:
    Good idea but this is my wife’s call and she thinks a variety is better for me, learn new ways to cook, besides it is her birthday gift to me. Her birthday is two days before mine,  now the pressure is on for me to go out and find her something nice for free since that is what she spent on mine, any suggestions?
    You have NO Chance of even breaking even.  I suspect the return serve for your free Traeger will be a resounding net negative.  Perhaps she is into to cell phone apps and you can download a few practical free ones =)
    Given the reality of that, just sit back, buy stock in Vaseline and enjoy the show! B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Nice. I have a Traeger. I think you’ll like it. Doesn’t replace the egg by any means but definitely has its place.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It totally sucks to be you right now.

Congrats on the Traeger.

You will never recover. Just break out the old debit card and just give it to her. Retirement savings is way over rated anyway.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    It's nice having both. BGE wins for flavor in my book,  but I have enjoyed turning the dial on the traeger and being able to smoke in 5 minutes!  Sacrifice a little flavor for convenience...
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Buy her a minimax 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Congratulations on the win! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
     Sweet!!

I vote for keeping the Traeger. You already have an egg to enjoy, and now you have a new toy to play with, for the grand price of FREE :)

Buy her something nice that she will enjoy. That way she’ll keep winning you awesome new toys. Everyone’s happy. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • brimee
    brimee Posts: 127
    Options
    Got it home, time to get started...

Brian
    Fairview, Texas