Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. Clean as you go or Wait until another Day?

Options
I clean as I prep, wash and load dishwasher after the meal, and put away in the A.M. before coffee.  Daily routine...
Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• BGEChicago
    Options
    Great topic... clean as I go... OCD about this.... the wife, not so much... I'm glad I cook most of the food for this reason...
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    The morning before the wife gets home...
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,488
    Options
    I live alone.  Most Sundays.
    Usually.

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Clean as I go. It makes me crazy when my wife leaves trash 6” from the trash compactor and piles stuff in the sink. 

Don’t tell her I said that...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Clean as I go. It makes me crazy when my wife leaves trash 6” from the trash compactor and piles stuff in the sink. 

I got one who will open a yogurt (standing beside the trash can mind ya)....and leave it no more than a foot away. I need to learn from you cause I say something all the time. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Clean as I go. When I'm done cooking it has to look I was never there or it bugs me until it does. Even while I'm eating the meal I just cooked. It drives my wife nuts because it usually means I have to rewash things multiple times which uses a ton of towels and soap. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Clean as I go, but SWMBO leaves to “soak”.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I clean as I go. My wife and I are on the same page about this. We are not neat freaks by any stretch of the imagination, but we both prefer the sink to be empty. It is also much easier to clean something like a hot skillet vs letting the food dry/stick. A good example is scrambled eggs. As soon as I finish cooking I rinse the skillet off over the disposal. It takes like 20 seconds and will save 5 minutes of scrubbing later. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• speed51133
    Options
    Depends If I am drinking during the party. If it is just a little dinner I clean as I go. If it is an all out party, I clean the next day. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    Clean/put stuff away as I go and completely empty the sink/load the dishwasher when all done.

If we have guests over, I excuse myself while everyone enjoys an after dinner cocktail or dessert and I finish the cleaning - then and only then can I relax
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Clean as I go, Have no dishwasher, am very good @ using minimal amount of pans and typically eat off of  paper plates
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I cook and she cleans. That said I try to rinse and load as I go along 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    It's kind of like laundry. You don't it wrong enough they stop asking you to do it.  ;)

I'm actually not that bad but I do leave things in the sink or dishwasher if I don't know where the "right" place is. She appreciates that. She didn't appreciate throwing stuff in random places. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    SciAggie said:

This! ☝

If said anything, I am sure she would have a list a mile long to reply with.

So, … silence

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Clean as I go unless I am way too tired after cooking. If I start piling stuff in the sink then I get lazy and let it go too long. Soon as I'm done eating, everything that fits goes in the dish washer. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I can't stand getting up in the morning after a party and finding a dirty kitchen, so I clean as I go. I usually try to do a few things beforehand so I am not juggling six or eight recipes. I just want to concentrate on one thing at a time - my guests. I try to do an appetizer while we all sit around the Egg drinking, and then the main course, while we sit around the Egg drinking. Then I do an Egged dessert, while we sit around the Egg drinking. 

Usually, the only thing I need to do in the morning is unload the dishwasher and put away the glasses that we went through (typically lots of those). Oh, and get a wheelbarrow to take out the empty wine bottles. 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Clean as I go, and I really like to have an empty dishwasher before a big cook, so things can go right into the dishwasher as it gets dirty. I also don't like to use up dishwasher space on large bowls and pots and pans.  If it gets dirty during a cook, the goals is the wash, dry, and return to it's cupboard, cabinet right away.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Wanasmoke
    Options
    Wow you all are on top of things!  If my wife is around while I’m cooking she usually will clean as I blow through pots, pans and dishes left and right!  Sometimes they’ll be a bunch left after the meal but all I usually want to do at that point is sit down on the couch with my cocktail and post something on the forum!  I’ll try to be better   :|
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    pots and pans right away, knives right away, everything else gets washed when the drying rack is almost empty
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it