Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duke’s PSA re: Mayonnaise......can now be enjoyed on the go....

Options
13»

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    They don't sell Duke's here. That's okay, they're all pretty much the same. I do notice a slight taste difference when comparing, but one is not better than the other, just a little different. I used to pick up a jar or two of Dukes when I went to visit Mom, but I'm just as happy with Hellman's or Burman's (ALDI) which I have heard is re-labeled Hellman's. Whatever...
    they sell it here, years ago I picked up a jar to see what the hype was, couldn't finish it, I think more than 1/2 the jar ended up in the trash; it had an odd flavor and consistency, pretty much didn't like anything about it - but I guess that's to be expected having used Hellman's forever... whatever, it's mayo, pretty low on the list of things =)
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Zippylip said:
    ... whatever, it's mayo, pretty low on the list of things =)
    Exactly. Unless you're from anywhere south of Virginia. Then it's a religion. :rofl:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited September 2019
    Options
    This may sound odd, but I REALLY look forward to lunch everyday. I try to pack lunch from home, as I  can almost always beat what they serve at work ( Fridays are an exception.

Even if I'm planning to eat a sandwich, I try to take bread that I baked. Have Tillamook sharp cheddar in my office fridge (sliced, tastes good, doesn't turn green for quite some time). Take homemade mayo  when I can, because the Hellman's they have in the packets tastes worse than what you get in the jar version.  

#mayomatters

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    caliking said:
    This may sound odd, but I REALLY look forward to lunch everyday. I try to pack lunch from home, as I  can almost always beat what they serve at work ( Fridays are an exception.

Even if I'm planning to eat a sandwich, I try to take bread that I baked. Have Tillamook sharp cheddar in my office fridge (sliced, tastes good, doesn't turn green for quite some time). Take homemade mayo  when I can, because the Hellman's they have in the packets tastes worse than what you get in the jar version.  

#mayomatters
    You had me with the bread and cheese!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• GATraveller
    Options
    Real pimento cheese has to be made with Blue Plate. Period. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,489
    Options
    CTMike said:
    They sell it at the commissary on the Submarine Base in Groton, it has caused me to switch from Hellman’s......
    >slaps own forehead<  d'Oh!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    caliking said:

#mayomatters
    alright, alright, now i need to make my own mayonnaise now too!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"