Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SV smoked pulled pork

I am a Sous vide pulled pork convert. Granted I have only cooked a handful of butts straight on the egg but I love the results and convenience of sv first followed by a couple hour smoke. 

I did a shoulder in sv with dizzy dust for 22 hours at 165. I drained the juice and saved it and then dried and reapplied rub before putting on the egg at 300 for 2 hours. 

While smoking I let the reserved juice rest and I spooned off the fat and then reduced the rest over low heat. When the butt was done I pulled it and mixed in the reduced juice to give a little more moisture. 

Is it the smokiest meat?  No. But my family really doesn’t like stuff too Smokey. I just love the convenience.  I started this yesterday at 5. This am I woke up and played 18 holes in under 4 hours, shot 78, came home, started drinking beer and watching football and then removed the meat from the water bath. Absolutely no stress!

served with stuffed jalapeños & home made slaw. 

Im a PSU alum and a duke alum so today 1-1 ain’t bad!

Comments