Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked spiral ham

Options
I’ve been trying to take one day a week and cook a bunch of protein for several days and was tired of chicken so I threw this bad boy on the Medium. Cooked at 300 for about 2 hours. Came out great 
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 

Comments

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Looks good!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Damn! Looks delicious.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I never really liked spiral ham til I cooked it on the egg, and yours looks perfect 
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    I never really liked spiral ham til I cooked it on the egg, and yours looks perfect 
    Thanks. They come out really well cooked like that 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    I did one for Xmas. Came out great. Will be doing another one for the holidays this year. Nice looking ham there!
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    HayZuess!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice!

I usually smoke a ham for the holidays, but haven't smoked a spiral cut one before.

How do you think they compare? I keep thinking that a spiral cut one will turn out dry vs. a whole ham. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    caliking said:
    Nice!

I usually smoke a ham for the holidays, but haven't smoked a spiral cut one before.

How do you think they compare? I keep thinking that a spiral cut one will turn out dry vs. a whole ham. 
    Well I’ve never done a whole ham so I can’t compare. I will say that being spiral cut allows for a lot of flavor getting into the meat. I’d imagine you don’t get much penetration on a whole ham. It will dry out if you’re not careful, but I keep an eye on it and tent with foil when it starts getting too dark. The outer edges are a bit dry but the stuff closer to the bone is money