Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few pots and pans (what would you keep?)

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
edited August 2019 in EggHead Forum
Ok, so I am in the process of moving.  My kitchen is a massive hodge podge of pots and pans collected over time.  There are maybe 3 I use regularly. I am seriously considering ditching most of my stuff.

If you could only keep a few pots and pans what would you keep?

I am thinking my 12" Fry Pan, 12" saute pan (they can share a lid), a sauce pan, and a dutch oven.

Caveat, my cast iron and large stock pots are exempt from this.  I store those with my grill stuff.
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac l believe only you can answer this question 

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I think you already have your answer.

“There are maybe 3 I use regularly.”
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Saucepans - I'd want at least two saucepans of 1.5 or 2 quart size.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• jones2289
    Options
    We're somewhat limited on kitchen storage, and what you listed is almost exactly what we have.  Unless you're regularly cooking on the stove for a crowd - I can't think of anything else to add.  I was going to mention a small, 8" or so, skillet just to throw a couple eggs in if your frying pan's full, or sauté small amounts, but I'm guessing that's covered in your cast iron collection?

For reference, it's just my girlfriend and I, but we have friends over pretty regularly, and there hasn't been a time I've need another pan since paring down our kitchen stuff.  
    Indianapolis, IN
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have zero room to tell anyone what they should keep. I have 6 cutting boards, if that gives you an indication of the rest of my kitchen equipment.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I have zero room to tell anyone what they should keep. I have 6 cutting boards, if that gives you an indication of the rest of my kitchen equipment.
    Me too haha. But like everyone else, I have a few pots and pans that I use more than others...I wouldn’t miss the others much if they disappear
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    Come up with a nice set to keep, and a nice set to give away. That way, someone else gets the kitchen experience you’ve been so lucky to enjoy, too!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    my beat up pans go camping, never to return

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Six? That’s nothing. I guarantee I have triple that. Nearly all get used as well. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I use all mine.....even the big ones for pasta and large soups. I did however trash and omelet pan today as i have another on order.....and it had to go (scratched) as it was no longer effective.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    You are moving again? You just left Illinois for Arizona a couple years ago, so where to this time?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.